KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Engineering, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
1. Install/Upgrade of newly purchased products.
2. Hold Pre-Installation Meeting with the Customer to scope customer unique requirements. Create Plans of Action to measure/confirm/satisfy unique needs. Execute Plans of Action and validate deliverables with customer
3. Install Tool to meet KLA-Tencor Specs, through conformance testing according to procedures
4. Troubleshoot complex system issues in a timely manner - using abstract thought, data analysis, 7-step problem solving methodology and other available tools - to repair/correct those issues and achieve compliance to KLA-Tencor specs and other customer requirements
5. Manage project escalations across customer, region, and various factory resources to meet committed customer milestones
6. After conformance testing, meet with customer to facilitate Warranty Signoff through management of regional handoff, documentation of outstanding Warranty deliverables, and communication with customer/division
7. Achieve Cycle time/Cost targets through management of contributing factors (parts usage, cross-charges, escalation support, etc)
8. Manage Customer Satisfaction through Pre-Activity Meeting, Routine Update Meeting, Escalation Meetings, Post-Activity Meeting, and Warranty Meeting
9. Perform Install/Customer-focused Applications testing to approve Operational Quality of tool
10. Document Installation Non-conformances through a remote database management system
11. Communicate installation status through daily pass down and web-based reporting systems
12. Provide Training in operation/maintenance of tool to Install Engineers, Region Engineers, and Customers.
Ability to work overtime and additional hours per day if needed (The Install assignment is a standard 6 days work week)
Ability to work in a cleanroom environment
Ability to work in a fast pace and stressful environment
Work experience in supporting complex capital equipment for the semiconductor industry is required.
Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.