- Review and provide input into development of project documentation, such as design basis, P&ID’s, PFD’s, etc. Provide quality assurance of deliverables from engineering contractors
- Supporting development of fit-for-purpose facility designs while ensuring process safety and integrity principles are integrated
- Support risk and hazard reviews such as PHA’s, HAZOP’s, Facility Siting reviews, etc.
- Ensure regulations are met for Process Safety Management facilities
- Ensure that PSM audits are completed on all PSM facilities as required by regulatory requirements
- Accountable for completion of PHA’s at all PSM facilities at the intervals specified by OSHA regulations.
- Coordinate with maintenance and asset integrity teams to ensure the inclusion of PSM related actions in maintenance and asset integrity programs
- Responsible for interactions with external/internal regulatory agencies
- Support incident investigations with a process/technical safety perspective
- Coach project teams to ensure that safe design principles and practices are inherently included throughout the project development and execution process.
- B.Sc in Engineering or Advanced Science degree
- 7+ years of facilities and operations experience, working with a producer/operator or service provider required
- Candidates with onshore facilities experience are strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of technical risk assessment tools such as HAZOP, What-If’s, LOPA and physical effects modeling. Experience in facilitating PHA’s is a benefit
- Fully competent in an RCFA process and the ability to lead an RCFA is an asset
- Knowledge of process safety principles such as barrier analysis, swiss cheese model, ALARP, etc.
- Strong competency in PSM requirements as defined by OSHA is a must
- Working knowledge of regulations, codes, and standards applicable to US onshore shale operating regions
- Strong MS Office skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Ability to travel to various work site locations.
- Demonstrate commitment to Equinor values: Open, Caring, Collaborative, Courageous
- Ability to work in a team environment (know when to lead & when to follow)
- Proactive with a strong aptitude for multi-tasking
- Self assured, confident & able to execute position responsibilities with minimal guidance
- Strong planning, coordination, communication and people skills
- High ethical and HSE standards
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to simplify complex concepts
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
Not just a job. A career. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers, and empower you to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies, exchange ideas and learn from others.
Rewards. We offer a range of reward programs within one Equinor framework adapted to the local market. This includes competitive salary, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well-being is a priority and we encourage our people to make use of our flexible work arrangements to help balance their work and home lives efficiently.
An inclusive culture. Embracing an inclusive culture is a fundamental part of our values, and leveraging our diverse perspectives and experiences help us deliver together. Equinor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.