Project Engineer manages all phases of programs from inception through production hand off, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget. The Project Engineer is assigned to particular customers with essential duties and responsibilities as follows:
Technical Liason – 20%
- Teleconference with customers as required
- Travel to customer locations and support customer visits as required
- Support on-site design review at customer as necessary
- Provide monthly status of customer interface (dashboard or executive update)
- Review outstanding issues with manufacturing and quality
- Notification of Engineering Change
- Provide updated pricing if resulting from program or engineering change
Production Support – 35%
- Evaluate pricing of individual SKU’s compared to initial quote to evaluate profitability and make the necessary pricing adjustments (Quarterly)
- Support process walk throughs to assist with problem solving or benchmarking ideas
- Support manufacturing by quoting production processes as required
- Recognize areas for internal improvement and develop plans for implementing them
New Product Introduction - 35%
- Lead NPI processes and documentation
- Lead all launch activities to ensure manufacturing team is equipped for “production ready” program introduction
- Interface with tool suppliers to ensure correct tool builds along with part supply for initial builds
- Main communication interface between company, customer and vendors for program launch activities
- Support manufacturing and quality during sampling/prototype activities.
- Support manufacturing during launch activities to support QPD’s, line layout and check sheets
- Development of Work Instructions for Job Data Packages
- Provide Purchase Requisitions to Purchasing for tooling and pre-production requirements
Sales Support – 10%
- Provide engineering support to sales for presentations to help sell manufacturing capabilities
- Provide engineering input for quotes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree in mechanical or plastics engineering or related discipline; with 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training.
No direct reports; however, Program Engineers must coordinate and manage programs with multiple interfaces to achieve successful project completion.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
Injection tooling background preferred.
Experience in project management preferred
CAD experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: