The Product Engineer is the product technical contact and product subject matter expert (SME) to our customers.
Provides the company with the critical function of product development, design, release and lifetime product technical support of Fuel System / SCR System products supplied by Yapp to our global customers.
The product engineer executes new program technical requirements as defined for the Product Engineer in the Yapp Program Management Road Map (PMRM) from initial concept to production launch and beyond.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Develops and maintain Statement of Requirements (SOR) & Component Technical Specifications.
2. Maintains excellent product documentation and manages revision control, compliant to Yapp company bill of material, design & standards
3. Leads the development of the product technical concept and assures conformance to customer Statement of Requirement (SOR).
4. Handle the basic capability to do the product Design (3 D and 2D) and Data Management
5. Collaborates with design & analysis groups to create 3D math models (CAD) and analytical models (FEA, CFD etc.) to meet internal and external customer requirements.
6. Assures lessons learned are reflected in new design concepts.
7. Leads product design reviews and leads the product development team (PDT) meetings with both internal and external customers.
8. Verifies designs meet functional requirements and executes design revisions as necessary.
9. Collaborates with Yapp manufacturing / Quality / other team members and is responsible to ensure designs are technically feasible and buildable at necessary quality levels. quality requirements
10. Develops and plans component level time lines to control product from initial creation through final vehicle validation in support of the PMRM.
11. Prepares the Design Failure Modes Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
12. Develops the Design Validation Plan & Report (DVP&R) and ensures timely completion.
13. Actively involved in pre-production build process to ensure products meet internal and external technical specification and performance requirements.
14. Works with manufacturing in root causes identification of product technical build issues during all phases of product development through program launch.
15. Defines and manages the Production Validation Plan (PVP)
16. Evaluates and prepares required documentation and/or testing for implementation of engineering changes. (ECN’s)
17. Supports Supplier PPAP process through visits and document review(Control Plan and PFMEA)
18. Supports program launch by providing product engineering expertise and guidance to ensure a timely Production Part Approval (PPAP) is achieved.
- Decision Making
- Listening skills.
- Mathematical and Analytical skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: Multiple Locations