At Western Financial Group Insurance Solutions we help businesses evaluate their risks and develop solutions for their commercial insurance and employee benefits requirements tailored to their needs. We specialize in sales, underwriting and placement and servicing of commercial insurance and employee benefits products across Canada.
We are looking for a Junior Developer to join our team Information Technology team.
The Information Technology Department is responsible for the computer systems/network and business applications/software for Group Insurance Solutions. Information and Technology is committed to providing Reliable, Accessible and Relevant system solutions.
Our Developers analyze, design, code, test, implement and document moderately complex software applications. Individuals with the ability to recommend and participate in continuous improvement efforts will thrive in this position.
What we are looking for:
Being successful in this role requires the ability to deliver excellence in identifying, studying, learning and applying knowledge of new/emerging technologies, methodologies and products to evaluate value of new technologies to support business objectives and strategy and drive continuous improvement efforts. The ability to deliver in difficult situations and to contribute to a positive work environment
What We Offer You:
- Vibrant, collaborative team environment
- Competitve compensation package
- Extended health and dental benefits, 50% premium paid
- Three weeks’ vacation plus paid personal days
- Company-matched investment and saving programs
What You Offer Us:
- 2+ years’ experience as a developer ideally in a multi-tiered and web based applications
- Experience with the following technologies: ASP.NET, C#, IIS, SQL Server, MVC Architecture, and Agile Development
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, design principles and software patterns
- Superior communications skills
- Computer Programmer diploma or Degree in Computer Science
- Demonstrated effective analytical skills with a strong work ethic
- Team player who brings solutions to problems and encompasses strong time management skills
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time