The Manufacturing / Customer Quality Engineer supports manufacturing operations in producing high quality parts and assemblies by effective implementation of the APQP processes to support PPAP submission, Safe Launch Execution, and timely closure of Key Milestone Gates. Supports customer audits. Drives effective customer concern management through containment, problem solving, and system documentation updates to eliminate the risk of repeat failures and communicates timely responses to the customer. Develops, applies, and maintains quality requirements and standards for the quality management system in the manufacturing environment.
- Track and report APQP activities for Key Milestones, including launch risk, actions to close them, and escalation as required.
- Develop PPAP documents through the APQP process for new product launches, engineering design changes, and internal or supplier driven process changes.
- Maintains Quality Control Plans and PFMEA's throughout the life of the part.
- Support establishing effective measurement methods for process control.
- Support equipment and gauging buyoff capability studies and analysis of the data.
- Develop Safe Launch plans.
- Submit PPAP documents for customer approval.
- Supports Change Management process and associated PPAPs.
- Support Customer Audits and track findings to closure.
- Participates in the development of Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Serve as the primary resource for customer problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement to manufacturing operations. Including Warranty returns.
- Track Customer Corrective Actions using the FRB format.
- Leads cross functional teams in root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventative action for product and process related concerns.
- Pareto analysis of non-conformances and track open issues through verification and closure.
- Establish and maintain a process for tracking Customer Score Cards.
- Track improvement actions and report trends.
- Develops, collects and analyzes manufacturing line quality metrics on regular basis.
- Acts as resource for training, promoting & monitoring of the Quality Management System.
- Including Document Rev Control.
- Maintain training/mentoring records and identifying and mitigating potential risks of changes for the manufacturing site.
- Including training for Operator Work Instructions, process gauge/inspection instructions, packaging, and SPC. Including quality documentation to support change management.
- Support the Manufacturing process development with Procedures, Work Instructions, Forms, and training.
- Develop training matrix by Machine
- Ensure training to the latest revision of Work Instructions or Templates
- Ensure Comprehension
- Link to Skills Matrix
- Lead for Machine Shop Quality
- Conduct Process/product audits
- Create supporting work instruction
- Monitor best practices from both machine shops to drive improvements processes
- Rollout Process improvements and 6S
- Monitor Employee efficiency
- Establish and monitor Metrics
- Cycle Time
- Establish and maintain Receiving Inspection procedures, Work Instructions, and forms
- Define required checks, Gauge instructions, and record keeping
- Establish and maintain the skip lot process
- Establish incoming inspection records process
- Establish process to track Permanent and Temporary deviations. Maintain records of the initial lot of a temporary deviation until the product returns to a normal production condition. (Book Ends)
- Establish a process to update inspection checks if required to support drawing changes.
- Establish a process to record, analyze, and report key metrics measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the Inspection process.
- Performs internal audits, layered process and product audits to support Quality Management System; and track audit findings to closure.
- Participate in Quality Assurance audits and certification processes.
- Promote adherence to quality standards, quality plans, documents and procedures as well as records and objective evidence of activities.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Quality Engineering or a closely-related field.
- 5 year of experience as a Manufacturing Engineer or Supplier Quality Engineer.
- Qualifying work experience must be in a manufacturing environment in an automotive OEM or Tier 1 and include:
- Expert in AIAG Core Tools.
- Strong knowledge in ISO 9001:2015
- Certified IATF 16949:2016 Auditor
- Proficient in tracking audit findings to closure and driving actions into system document updates.
- Knowledgeable in Layered Process Audits.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T, inspection/measurement methodology, and MSA.
- Knowledgeable in CQI (9, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23, 27, and 28)
- Strong knowledge in SPC and quality analysis tools/techniques.
- Proficient in technical writing.
- Strong knowledge in APQP and PPAP.
- Strong knowledge in Process Flow Diagrams, PFMEA, and Control Plans.
- Knowledgeable in IMDS, CAMDS, and Reach.
- Expert in Problem Solving methodologies such as 8D, 5Why, Ishikawa, and PPS.
- Skilled in developing and delivering training material and assessing the comprehension of employees in the training events.
- This position may require up to 30% travel locally during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be required.
- Reporting of Key Metrics for APQP / PPAP – Target 100% On Time and 1st Time Right
- Report and tracking customer concerns using FRB format
- Report open / closed status – Target 100% on time closure
- Track reporting per customer expectations – Target 100% on time reporting
- Track actions to prevent reoccurrence, system document updates, and PPAP resubmission (as Required)
- Report customer concern reduction at all stages of production
- Reporting of Key Metrics for Warranty Analysis.
- Report of Key Metrics for Customer Score Cards
- Report of Key Metrics for closure of Customer Audit Findings
- Establish, record, analyze, and report Key metrics measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the overall line maturity based on inputs and outputs for the following:
- Control Plan
- LPA / Product audits
- Safe Launch / GP12
- Monitor all above to show improvements
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more! Visit our website at ClearMotion.com to learn more!