At GE Transportation , a Wabtec company, we move and improve the world. We are a global technology leader and supplier of equipment, services and digital solutions to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our innovations help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques and digitally connected machines.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title… it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters? Or do things that haven’t been done to make your life and someone else’s better? GE Transportation has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so for decades to come! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE Transportation delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
You will be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Provide technical leadership to an agile team of 5-7
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
- Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
- Work with product line leaders and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
- Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
- Coach, mentor and lead the team
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience developing web applications in a micro service and event-driven architectures.
- GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed Eligibility Requirements: (Country Specific)
- Must be willing to travel
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Experience with Cloud development
- Experience working on software projects in the Transportation domain (Railroad applications, Intermodal Terminals, Logistics, etc)
- Experience with Spring, RESTful Web services
- Experience database tools like Postgres, noSQL, Cassandra
- Experience with modern tooling: Eclipse / IntelliJ, Maven, NPM, Grunt, Git, Cloud Foundry, etc.
- Experience with MQTT, Kafka, and RabbitMQ. Business Acumen:
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
GE Transportation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! GE Transportation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.