This position is responsible for conducting pre-sales feasibility studies, customer presentations, trade show set-up, training and onsite post-sales support/installation. The AE determines the right combination of Cognex vision or sensor hardware, lighting, optics and programing for an optimal solution that fits within the customer’s defined budget. The Applications Engineering team provides technical expertise and support the sales organization in selling Cognex Vision and Sensor products to assist sales in exceeding their quota.
1. Provides application feasibilities and fast tracks as necessary.
2. Conducts demonstrations and online trials of products at customer sites, trade shows, seminars, and events.
3. Troubleshoots issues at customers and provides resolutions to problems.
4. Completes evaluation reports in a timely and complete manner while recommending a solution that fits within the constraints of the application.
5. Provides expertise in the integration of Cognex products with devices such as PLCs, PCs, or Controllers.
6. Develops a broad technical knowledge of Cognex’s vision and sensor product families.
7. Provides customer and sales engineer training when required.
8. Provides product feedback to AE Manager and Product Business Units to improve products.
9. Provides sales intelligence to sales when communicating with or visiting customers to help Cognex win.
10. Maintain and continuously update project information in salesBook.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Proven track record of success in solving applications in the automation industry.
2. Good understanding of mechanical, electrical and industrial automation systems.
3. Ability to travel 50% of the time – should be willing to travel on short notice.
4. Able to handle challenging customer situations.
5. Industry expertise in vision or sensing.
6. Comfortable working in factory environments.
7. PC literate with a working knowledge of MS Windows applications
8. Ability to work independently is required
Minimum education and work experience required:
1. Technical Degree or equivalent work experience
2. Proven engineering experience and experience working with sales.
3. Knowledge of optics and/or lighting for machine vision is desirable
4. Working knowledge of PLC’s and factory automation is desirable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified
Additional Job Description
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cognex is an equal opportunity employer. Cognex evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.