The NPH Decoration Engineer will be primarily responsible for all decoration related activities relating to new launches and existing decoration process improvements. This position will provide complete decorating solutions utilizing, but not limited to, Hot Stamp, HTL, Silk Screen, Pad Print, and PS Labeling processes. The NPH Decoration Engineer will also be responsible for the investigation and justification of decoration innovation, along with training and backstop troubleshooting to production personnel.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and validate decoration processes and procedures for all new decorated SKUs over a variety of substrates and coatings
- Manage all aspects of Decoration development for new launch activity.
- Complete decoration trials, providing process documentation and evidence of validation.
- Manage the specification and procurement of new decorating equipment and upgrades to existing equipment.
- Work seamlessly with Project Launch teams and Plant Decorating Technicians to ensure on time and error free decoration processes.
- Provide process validation of Pre Production and First Production runs, and manage implementation of required corrective actions.
- Identify innovative and cost-efficient Decorating options for various Health and Beauty packaging components.
- Identify to insure all technical and aesthetic requirements are met.
- Ensure proper testing requirements are implemented in development for all decoration processes and any associated testing for Inks, foils and labels.
- Direct communication with Internal and External Actors to identify solutions and resolve issues regarding Decorating Equipment, Printing Media ( Labels, Inks & Foils) , and Plant Decorating Efficiency and Quality.
- As requested by the direct manager, provide process troubleshooting support to the production team.
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Team oriented and able to interact with direct report technicians and non direct reporting operators to ensure adherence to the process and quality of product
- Self-motivated and flexible to meet assignments and potential schedule changes
- Able to work overtime as necessary and based on production/maintenance needs and demands
- Must be able to stand 8 hours or more daily
- Able to travel up to 40% NA based and 20% International
- Must be able to lift or carry at least 35 lbs repeatedly throughout the day.
- Must be able to inspect decorated parts and detect defects using normal inspection equipment.
- Accurately see and read colors - Ishihara and Pantone Color IQ test
- Must have good hand/eye coordination and good hand dexterity.
Maintains Production, Quality and Safety Standards:
- Works safely and maintains a safe and clean work area
- Follows GMP safety practices
- 5+ years of set up, processing, maintenance and troubleshooting of automatic and semi-automatic Hot Stamping, Silk Screen and Pad Printing equipment and media
- Experience in decorating Luxury consumer packaging preferred
- Exhibit a complete knowledge base of decorating processing techniques
- High school or equivalent required
- Must have a solid background in pneumatics, electronics as they pertain to decoration equipment.
- Experience with lock out/tag out
- Must be of 18 years of age or older
- This job is located in a manufacturing, as well as office environment(s).
- Requires hair/beard nets and ear plugs (where necessary) to be worn at all times on the factory floor.
- Position may be required to wear applicable personal protective equipment (PPE), as needed.
- This job requires the ability to occasionally lift parts and supplies up to 40lbs.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time during your shift.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
HCP Packaging is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. HCP also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Related keywords: engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- decorating solutions for Hot Stamp, HTL, Silk Screen, etc.: 5 years (Required)
- Decoration setup/solutions: 5 years (Required)
- decoration of packaging setup/operations: 5 years (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place