Mackson, an A-TEK Company, is seeking to staff a team of software professionals to build and deploy new systems with web capabilities for our key government customers. We have an immediate opportunity for an Applications Programmer I in our Rockville, MD office. The Applications Programmer I will also spend time on the customer site in Rockville, MD in support of federal clients.
This position involves working as an integral part of a team of software professionals on multiple projects to build out web-based applications. This individual evaluates, analyzes, and modifies moderately complex application programs. The Applications Programmer codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains applications. The selected applicant works on most phases of application development activities; while analyzing and resolving problems associated with applications. The Applications Programmer also detects, diagnoses, and reports related problems.
- Technical analysis, design/modeling, coding, debugging/troubleshooting, and component testing.
- Maintenance, enhancement and/or development of working applications and interfaces with other applications.
- Participate in pager/on-call support rotation.
- Estimate software development cost and schedule.
- Plan and execute all required process steps as defined in Mackson and client methodologies.
- Provide application development support in a timely manner.
- Analyze, design/model, code, and test break/fix requests and enhancements to modules.
- Develop technical system specifications for components.
- Design components to technical programming standards.
- Provide support for the installation of application releases into production as directed.
- Coordinate and participate in structured peer reviews / walkthroughs.
- Create operational documentation.
- Perform system, interface, and batch monitoring as required.
- Meet service commitments for assigned deliverables and proactively provide work status.
- Continuously develop industry knowledge and associated skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Requires a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution in a management or technical discipline – Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering (related degrees and equivalent work experience will be considered) and 5-7 years of performing applications programming/development
- Technical competency in Java, Node.JS, TortoiseSVN, TortoiseGIT, GIT for Windows, Angular, PrimeFaces, Hibernate, Spring, Spring WebFlow, SpringBoot, SpringMVC, BootStrap, JQuery, Selenium, TestNG
- Skilled in and knowledgeable in technologies used and applications supported
- Positive customer orientation and experience working with clients face-to-face
- Knowledge of IT systems or IT organizations
- Exposure to Production Application Support
- Federal contracting experience supporting HHS or FDA
- Experience with the SDLC / EPLC
- Experience with data analytics and process analysis paradigms for addressing client needs
- Keen sense of the User Experience and User Journey
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field