Clif Bar was born on a bike. In 1990, Gary Erickson set off on a 175-mile bike ride. Exhausted and hungry, he realized he couldn’t take another bite of the energy bars he brought along. At that moment he now calls ‘the epiphany,’ he had the idea to make a better tasting energy bar.
Today, Gary and his wife, Kit Crawford, continue to lead Clif Bar’s innovative business model. Guided by Five Aspirations – Sustaining our People, our Business, our Brands, our Community and the Planet – Clif Bar is a family- and employee-owned company that loves food. We believe that food provides health, joy, and energy to do the things we are passionate about. The food we create is good for people and the planet.
In April 2015 Clif Bar broke ground to build our new commercial bakery, Clif Bar Baking Company of Twin Falls. We believe that happy, healthy people create the best food and envision an innovative environment where our people can grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We strive to:
· Create a company culture that inspires and supports our people in and outside work.
· Sustain our people with competitive pay and benefits, holistic wellness offerings, and other innovative benefits.
· Hire the right people for the right positions and support them to grow in their current and future roles.
Working at Clif Bar Baking Company is a chance to make the highest quality bars at a different kind of bakery, with great people who are making great food to FEED YOUR ADVENTURE.
This is an exciting new step for Clif Bar. Let it be an exciting new step for you too!
Clif Bar Baking Company is looking for a PROCESS ENGINEER to join our team at our bakery in Twin Falls, Idaho.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Five Aspirations, as well as embody the “Clif Bar Ingredients” (Create, Inspire, Connect, Own It, and Be Yourself).
This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “high-change” environment where priorities shift from day to day. Candidates, who connect through positive and respectful interaction, inspire greater success across all Five Aspirations and create extraordinary experiences, solutions, and ideas will be at the top of our list.
The Process Engineer is primarily responsible for applying mechanical engineering expertise to design, develop, evaluate integrated systems for managing production process, including identifying and leading continuous improvement projects that drive quality and performance improvements in processing and high speed packaging systems.; and aActing as the primary technical support for multiple production lines to ensure the safe and efficient production of quality products and brand driven new product development and innovation projects.This role also leads, guides, develops, and supports the bakery’s Fabrication Technician.
· Ensure personal safety, food safety and quality protocols are followed.
· Understand equipment and ingredient variables affecting product attributes, quality, rates, and yields.
- Technical expert for production line.
- Able to run and troubleshoot equipment.
- Sets process parameters; able to bring system into control.
- Knowledgeable about ingredients and specifications for products.
· Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills through the use of continuous improvement/ Reliability techniques (Lean, Six Sigma, TPM, Root Cause Analysis).
· Support new product development (NPD) and commercialization of products at the bakery
· Demonstrate an understanding of the interactions between machine, materials, methods, environment, and people and how to drive improvements in each area.
· Monitors equipment uptime. Technical resource for maintenance and other plant engineering resources to resolve equipment downtime causes.
· Primary contact for technical training on equipment operation.
· Maintain an up-to-date assessment of the production line’s capabilities, restrictions, and opportunities. Develop a strategic technical plan to improve line performance.
· Responsible for root cause analysis and corrective action for non-compliance, safety or environmental issues related to equipment issues or ingredient characteristics.
· Provide technical support for capital projects and new product or packaging testing.
· Manage and develop bakery Fabricator on performance expectations and company standards for personal safety, productivity, quality, food safety, sanitation, environmental and regulatory compliance.
· Manage employee expectations and accountability. Act as a general support and as a communication resource for employees.
· Create prioritization of tasks for Fabricator with input from bakery leadership team and maintenance planner.
· Consult with employees regarding personnel, project, and production problems.
· Support and understand Non Destructive test equipment for use in preventive maintenance and reliability programs.
· Support and understand asset criticality and preventive maintenance optimization.
· Perform other related duties as requested.
Position-Specific Skills Required
The ideal candidate will:
· Be a genuine Clif Bar & Company ambassador, who exemplifies the Clif Bar culture in all communications and interactions.
· Flexibility to work irregular hours to support CI/Reliability activities across all shifts.
· Be self-directed and motivated.
· Embody the Clif Bar Five Aspirations and Ingredients.
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills utilizing innovation and creativity.
· Ability to develop and deliver technical training to internal customers.
· Ability to prioritize multiple projects and manage time effectively.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills- able to work effectively in a team-based environment with multiple functional groups.
Leadership Skills Required
· Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors, and contributions.
· Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
· Teaching and training ability.
· Able to influence others to achieve genuine commitment to accomplish goals.
· Experience managing improvement projects, including capital expenditures including vendors.
Technical Expertise Required
· Strong MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint), demonstrated proficiency in Minitab or other statistical analysis software.
· Experience using statistical methods, the design of experiments, and Lean/Six Sigma methodologies.
· Possesses an up-to-date awareness of Federal, State, and Local engineering codes and regulations.
· Develops a partnering relationship with internal and external engineering professionals and vendors to advance current and future company goals.
· Bachelors degree or the equivalent in Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical Engineering, Industrial System Engineering, Electrical Engineering or in a related field and (2) years of experience as a Processing and Packaging System Engineer, Continuous Improvement Specialist, Production Process Specialist, Project Manager, or in a related occupation.
· Experience must include:
o Process or packaging engineering of manufacturing systems;
o Minitab or other statistical analysis software;
o Utilizing statistical methods for improvement of overall manufacturing systems and procedures, consistency in packaged goods, production within established specifications, tracking of ingredients and finished goods, and to determine root-case analysis in production;
o Design of experiments, including sanitation protocols, sanitation testing and validations, and systematic audits;
o Troubleshooting production and packaging equipment operations through the use of Total Productive Maintenance and Reliability methodologies;
o OSHA and Injury Prevention standards;
o Utilizing electrical and mechanical engineering principles to drive quality and performance improvements for more efficient production processes (e.g. improved speed, consistent quality, waste reduction, and energy efficiency and equipment reliability.
o Applying Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) methodology and safe Quality Food (SQF) principles to continuous improvement techniques in our food/bakery production.
· Less than 10%
Take yourself lightly and your work seriously. And…bring your best self to work each day!
Pre-employment reference check, background check, and drug-screening are required for this position.
Clif Bar Baking Company LLC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply on-line or for additional information, please visit our website: www.clifbar.com/who-we-are/careers
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,717.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location