- Design and develop software and processes to test, verify and validate new software.
- Identify areas within software requiring further or varied testing and help design, deploy and administer these tests.
- Create and document methods to confirm that products meet or exceed requirements and customer expectations.
- Develop test plans balancing risk and costs.
- Identify and communicate risk areas allowing the team to make informed release decisions.
- Be an active participant in the solicitation and management of requirements.
- Research and apply applicable industry standards and directives.
- Execute test plans, scripts and report the results of testing in a clear concise fashion.
- Design, and execute software test plans
- Design and execute automated test scripts using C/C++, Python, and other scripting languages including Bash and DOS
- Provide accurate time estimates so work can be planned
- Meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality
- Work as an individual contributing to the overall success of the team.
- Participate in field work (installation, commissioning, troubleshooting) which may involve walking up to 1 mile on uneven work surfaces such as ballast and climbing in, on and around large equipment.
- Perform other reasonably related tasks as assigned by management.
'• Experience developing software using C++ and C
- Experience with test automation frameworks using Python (or other scripting languages, such as Bash and/or Bat).
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio IDE 2008 - 2017
- Hands-on experience with writing automation test code utilizing tools such as IDEs, LDRA or other similar tools and frameworks that simulate complex multi-system scenarios.
- Experience with a structured software development process such as Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, or other.
- Experience with automated testing types (unit, functional, behavioral, integration, component, end-to-end)
Railroad domain experience is a plus.
Relational database experience is a plus. (SQLite, MySQL)
Any specific industry experience
Railways Domain is an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechatronics with 3 years of experience listed
AAS in engineering discipline with 5+ years of experience listed