CDF was created to change the experience of packaging. We are the disruptors of the packaging industry, reinventing the conventional, looking at the obvious and doing the opposite. We seek sustainable solutions to packaging challenges, standing out- pushing against the tide. We hold leadership positions in the markets we serve and enjoy long-term relationships with top brands of the Fortune 500. We are a trusted champion in the evolution of securing and containing valued products throughout the world.
But there’s so much more to do.
That’s where you come in. The Packaging Application Engineer will develop and custom tailor packaging solutions for our highly sustainable and economic flagship product, the Smart Pail System. This includes working directly with the marketing and engineering teams of the largest brands in the Food, Chemical, and Pharma/Medical industries. It also includes working with our partner, one of the largest corrugated manufacturers in the world, and their talented team of engineers.
- Work with recycling organizations and suppliers to further develop a fully sustainable and recyclable Smart Pail product
- Develop and source specialized films and other packaging materials.
- Collaborate with equipment manufacturers to create a disruptive, one-of-a-kind solution.
- Create technical CAD drawings for custom packages and equipment/plant layouts.
- Develop full production plans for custom applications
What we are looking for:
- An entrepreneurial heart: someone always looking for the idea or solution that no one sees.
- A task management junkie who is always looking for ways to become even more productive and effective.
- Strong experience and instincts with packaging materials and sealing equipment.
- A self-starter who can handle projects from start to finish on their own and contribute fresh ideas to strengthen the entire CDF team.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Six Sigma certification or similar
- CAD experience
- Flexible travel schedule
When you join CDF, you join a team of originals: Doing new things and doing them first is a core value here, and it’s reflected in everything we do. We are constantly challenging the packaging status quo, looking for new ways to reinvent traditional packaging. You will be a key player on our team, with plenty of growth and upside potential.
* No relocation available
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)