JOB DESCRIPTION / SUMMARY:
The primary responsibility for the Senior Quality Engineer is to address the day-to-day quality-related issues within the various production operations. Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Senior Quality Engineer helps drive improvements and supports Manufacturing, Engineering and Materials to improve overall product quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Development of Quality Control activities for the molding and secondary operations. Set up inspections, data collection points, and procedures for Quality Control inspection.
· Serve as a technical resource on quality issues in Production.
· Participate in or lead quality improvement initiatives.
· Manage the company’s metrology and calibration program.
· Manage the process for control of nonconforming material; participate in Material Review Board (MRB) activities.
· Knowledge of production and process controls in a regulated industry
· Conduct a variety of statistical analyses using tools such as DOE, gage R&R, SPC, capability studies, and statistical sampling methods. Utilize tools to improve Quality Control activities.
· Coordinate the quality requirements for new product trial runs; collect and compile inspection data.
· Report results to Project Team Leader.
· Develop Execute product validation activities in accordance with customer requirements.
· Help promote a safe work environment within the organization.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor Degree preferred
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a Quality role within the plastic injection molding industry.
· Extensive knowledge of plastic injection molding quality attributes and defect types and causes.
· ASQ certification a plus (CQE, CSSGB, CSSBB).
· Familiarity with validation protocol (PPAP, IQ-OQ-PQ) requirements.
· Basic statistical tools and methods used in the field of Quality Engineering.
· Extensive knowledge of measuring instruments including CMM, vision systems and associated software applications, optical measurement, handheld measurement tools, and gages.
· Strong working knowledge of GD&T.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
· Team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others.
· Excellent communication skills and data focused.
· Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
· Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities on the fly.
· Able to work independently under minimal supervision with a focus on meeting customer requirements in a timely manner.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off