Join our team and experience all that PMK Contractors has to offer!
It's fun to work at a company where people take pride and truly believe in what they're doing. PMK Contractors was formed by a small group of Bay Area career contractors who spent decades refining their skills and establishing long-term business relationships in the demolition, excavating, grading, underground and paving industry. From the beginning, their aim in creating PMK Contractors was to offer a combined expertise to developers and other builders who faced the challenges of preparing land for construction in our region.
We are seeking an experienced Estimator to develop accurate and timely proposals and estimates for both private and public sector works projects to ensure PMK Contractors is a responsive bidder.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Attend estimating meetings.
· Exercise judgment to procure plans and specifications.
· Solicit sub-contractor pricing and copy/send bid information as required.
· Solicit material pricing and copy/send bid information as required.
· Perform/review quantity take-offs.
· Determine equipment needs and solicit pricing.
· Determine production rates and calculate corresponding labor estimates.
· Develop proposals for private estimates.
· Attend pre-bid meetings.
· Meet with project owners to review job conditions for private estimates.
· Analyze sub-contractor quotes prior to bid & recommend selection.
· Manage bid close for assigned estimates & deliver bids.
· Post bid results and communicate results to sub-contractors, as necessary.
· Manage sub-contractor & supplier database.
· Attend in-house pre-construction meetings as required.
· Attend seminars and training programs.
· Build and enhance relationships with customers and manufacturer-suppliers
· Develop & maintain effective communications with internal & external customers.
· Perform assigned Special projects.
· Perform complete review of contract documents for designated projects.
· Set-up spreadsheet template for designated projects.
· Delegate estimating tasks to various staff members. Perform and/or delegate quantity take-offs on various selected trade work (private and public works projects).
· Develop trade list and sub-contractor solicitation list.
· BS or BA degree from an accredited college preferred (work experience will be considered)
· 5+ years’ experience as an estimator in hard-bid cost estimating, pre-construction budgeting, constructability analysis and value engineering.
· Concrete/ Paving/ Grading/ Underground/ Heavy Civil Construction Background
· Computer literate in Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, Agtek, Bluebeam, HCSS HeavyBID.
· Ability to read and analyze construction plans and specifications.
· Ability to work in pressure environment and to meet deadlines.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Positive attitude and good team player.
· Knowledge in the general construction industry.
· Possession of a valid California Driver’s License.
About PMK Contractors
PMK Contractors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PMK Contractors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our headquarters are located in Hayward, California.
Job Type: Full-time
- construction estimating: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible