Grass Master is looking to hire a Construction Estimator to join our team in Ponchatoula, LA!
The Construction Estimator is responsible for analyzing plan documents and other data to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates. Responsible for the development of accurate cost forecasting of construction/maintenance projects. This includes all conceptual, negotiated, and competitive bid estimates..
Duties and responsibilities consist of but are not limited to:
- Ability to inspect and scope projects in a timely fashion
- Perform quality take offs, reading of plans and specifications, and entering information into estimating software
- Review, analyze subcontractor and material vendor quotes and negotiate fair and accurate quote with vendors/subcontractors.
- Consult with vendors, personnel in other departments or construction superintendents/engineers to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work
- Calculate a final figure for the estimated cost, supplemented by adjustments for overheads and profit, and present a bid price
- Review, quantify, and manage change orders, revisions, and bid communications
- Review and reconcile contracts to ensure that they conform to our bids and prepare them for review by Sales Manager
- Assist in pre-construction meetings to inform the project manager of project details and vital information
- Work with procurement department to ensure materials are ordered and delivered in a timely manner.
- Assist with bid closeout and final proposal preparations
- Assist with writing technical proposals
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management.
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related curriculum.
- 1 year experience of professional estimating/pre-construction role for commercial general contractor or subcontractor.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Training available
Competitive Pay, health/dental/vision benefits, voluntary life, disability, accident policy, holidays, vacation and more.
Grass Master is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
EEO is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Job Type: Full-time
- Landscape Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- Estimating: 1 year (Required)
- Ponchatoula, LA (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Are you under a non-compete/NDA with a prior employer?If so, with who and for how long?