Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Are you ready to join Northrop Grumman? If so, our Technology Services Sector is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
You will become part of Northrop Grumman's Sustainment Engineering and Technical Center (SETC). SETC provides sustainment support for the US Air Force B-2 Bomber, E-3 Sentry, Airborne Warning and Control System, and numerous other Government platforms. Our team members complete engineering, reverse engineering and logistics solution efforts to solve complex obsolescence problems and ensure warfighter supportability
You will support the Lead Engineer in execution of various program activities, to include design and development of communication, navigation, radar, avionics, power and/or electrical systems architecture, components, circuits, and products or aircraft maintenance. The position will research, develop, design, and test electrical components, equipment, systems, and products for defense or commercial systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
Analyze complex systems and precision electro-mechanical assemblies through simulation or analysis in order to recommend component substitutions or re-design solutions to ensure the integrity of the platform configuration, system safety, and performance specifications.
Identify, analyze, and solve obsolescence issues.
Access, interpret, and recommend changes to engineering drawings.
Establish design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
Identify program problems and assist in the establishing of solutions, such as allocation of resources, improved processes, or changing contractual specifications.
Act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of programs.
Support process improvement and establishment.
Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
Generates reports and presents to Government counterparts, defense contractors, and other cross-functional organizations
Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines and mechanical, thermal hydraulic or heat transfer systems for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy
Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines
1. A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of engineering experience.
2. Ability to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance.
3. Ability to obtain/maintain access to work on-site in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
4. Ability to diagnose/troubleshoot/repair hardware components
5. Experience with CAD or similar design tools
1. Experience with aerospace systems
2. Experience with Air Force customers and aerospace industry and military standards
3. Active DoD Secret Security Clearance (or higher)
4. Experience with test planning at the equipment and system level
5. Experience with nuclear hardened systems
6. Experience with DOORS and general requirements management best practices
7. Experience conducting analysis of mechanical components and structures within aircraft maintenance programs, determining effectiveness and creating written recommendations for increasing efficiency and effectiveness
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.