UNIPRES Group produces premium quality parts for the auto industry, with the goal of Total Customer Satisfaction. Our capabilities include stamping, machining and assembly of metal parts for the main portions of automotive body structures; pressing molded components and precision automatic transmission parts; and helping customers create new parts.
Our parent company, UNIPRES Corporation, has supplied Japanese auto and appliance makers for more than 50 years. In 1987 UNIPRES U.S.A., Inc. started its operation in Portland, TN, followed by UNIPRES MEXICANA S.A. DE C.V. in Aguascalientes, Mexico in 1995 and UNIPRES SOUTHEAST USA, INC. in Forest, MS in 2003 and they are serving the North American market from their facility. UNIPRES NORTH AMERICA, INC. was established in Gallatin, TN in 2003. The head office for UNIPRES NORTH AMERICA, INC. is located in Portland, TN.
UNIPRES Group is here to help the automotive industry meet the challenges of today and anticipate the needs of tomorrow. Careful attention to needs and specifications, combined with our own creativity and technology, result in solutions that exceed customer expectations for quality, cost and just-in-time delivery.
Recent Engineering graduates welcome!
The responsibilities of the Quality Engineer include the following: Investigate, analyze and resolve quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for evaluating rejects, working with manufacturing and engineering teams to drive root cause analysis and assuring implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Responsible for line support and addressing any quality related issues.
- Create CAR for supplier defects; responsible for tracking and timely closures.
- Actively participate in correction active teams (8D or 5-why) to address defective quality in all products within the value stream.
- Prepare additional documentation at the customer’s request and ensure all internal and external communications are delivered in a timely manner.
- Create and review Control Plans, PFMEA’s, 8Ds, CARs, APQP documentation, PPAPs.
- Effectively complete assignments and consistently meet customer, company and department objectives.
- Work with manufacturing to develop rework procedures.
- Conduct periodic reviews of work instructions and update as needed.
- Improve Quality System through internal audits and compliance audits.
- Perform warranty analysis on field returns and warranty claims.
B.S. in Engineering (Mechanical or Industrial) is desired. Candidates with equivalent work experience will be considered.
Experience and Training Requirements:
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills utilizing 8D or 5-why and other tools
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of APQP management
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies 8D, Lean, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, 8-D, DFMEA, PFEMA, PPAP, etc. preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Unipres recognizes the importance of being able to provide our employees and their families with quality benefits as part of their overall compensation package. We have developed a comprehensive benefits package that delivers quality and value while satisfying the diverse needs of our workforce. Benefits offered include:
- Care Here Clinic (on-site healthcare)
- Life/AD&D- basic and voluntary options
- Worksite Benefits including: accident, hospital indemnity, cancer, critical illness
- Paid Time Off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off