Tenable Engineer – Eagan, MN
A large multi-national organization is looking for an individual who will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
- Responsible for implementation/deployment/support of Nessus scan engines and Tenable Security Center Continuous View systems and peripherals with Engineering, SOC, TIU, and IR.
- Maintains local and network credentials Tenable Security Center and provisions access to vulnerability scanning systems. Responsible for integration of Nessus/TSC with other security and IT systems management tools (i.e. ForeScout, Cisco ISE, RedSeal, Splunk).
- Responsible for developing and maintaining standard processes and operating procedures, creating technical architecture diagrams and system build documentation.
- Responsible for supporting penetration testing toolset; including “fly-away kit” (i.e. laptops, VMs, wireless devices) used for internal/external penetration testing.
- Works with vulnerability management team to build asset repositories and asset scan policies.
- Strong Splunk experience in creating effective dashboards, hunting cyber threats using event correlation, and acting on machine intelligence to remediate vulnerabilities and risk to the enterprise
- Netflow analytics for compliance and threat hunting
- Work with suppliers of data (e.g., WonMug, Cisco ISE, StealthWatch) to maximize efficiency and accuracy of data feeds into Splunk. Advise suppliers of potential features in their tools that could be activated to improve security (e.g., TrustSec and Security Group Tagging in ISE)
- Ability to map application components to identify security problems and provide solutions
- Analyze data imports into Splunk for accuracy and completeness; compare data from the various network security tools to identify overlaps and search for gaps.
- Conduct initial triage assessments of findings from network security tools
- Engages with other internal and external forces to get and share information to improve processes and security posture
- Troubleshoots application connectivity and performance through log analysis and network captures, etc.
- Experience with Splunk, BMC Atrium, ServiceNow, and enterprise network infrastructures
- Experience with Tenable Nessus, ForeScout CounterACT, Cisco ISE, MobileIron, and Tanium
- Project planning experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Microsoft office suite of applications
CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM, CCNA, CCNP
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel while typing at a computer keyboard.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, or lift objects up to 10 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The vision requirements include: close vision.
Catapult Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in a dignified work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. It’s our policy to recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualifications, performance, and competence. This policy reflects our belief that providing equal opportunities for all employees is a both our legal and moral responsibility, and good management practice.
All employees and applicants are treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, disability or any other status protected by law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.