Meet our professionals
A place to build an IT career
CGI Federal is looking for a Test Engineer to support a customer in Washington DC. This position will support an enterprise IT system responsible for testing and quality assurance duties.
TOP SECRET clearance is required to be considered for the role.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Develop test strategy/test plan; document test cases and test scripts
- Work with developers to understand different environments and set up test data
- Build and/or build upon an automated test framework specific to the needs of the application(s)
- Develop automated test cases, developing end-to-end test scenarios
- Provide test reports to document successful runs as well as failures, and working with development, technical and functional teams to identify root cause (e.g., defect, technical issue, change in functionality, etc.) for failed test cases
- Make recommendations to developers to address common test failure issues to reduce recidivism
- Actively participate in team/scrum/daily standup meetings and collaborate with the customer and team members
- Maintain test plan documentation
The candidate should have experience working with test automation tools such as Unified Functional Tester, Rational Functional Tester, or Selenium. The candidate should have experience in Waterfall and/or Agile SDLC methodology.
The candidate will demonstrate the ability to understand functional requirements for an enterprise IT system and be comfortable requesting clarifications as necessary from functional team members to quality automated testing.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- TOP SECRET Security Clearance
- 3+ years experience in writing test cases and test plans, developing test scenarios, test cases and it on Web applications and back-end testing.
- Attention to detail and good understanding application testing, including various types of testing (unit, system, regression, UAT, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with programming languages to support development of automated test cases (e.g., Visual Basic, SQL, etc.)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.