Green Bay, WI
Full time; Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Schneider is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our thriving team! As a Mechanical Engineer in the transportation industry, you will be accountable to provide technical support as both an internal and supplier point of contact on equipment/system related problems and continuous improvement opportunities. The Mechanical Engineer supports technical equipment projects to enhance quality, safety, reduce cost, and additionally researches new products and tests for fleet application and added value. Thus, providing the optimal maintenance procedures for fleet operations.
About the role:
- Serve as a supplier point of contact on technical issues, special warranty negotiation, and assist with testing and development of components to solve specification problems.
- Provide equipment technical support and recommend solutions to maintenance system, engineering, operations, and drivers.Reviews specific performance expectations with key suppliers and take corrective action when expectations are not met.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for, you will love it here!
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience. Less than one year of relevant work experience required.
- Ability to travel as needed to supplier or shop locations on technical issues.
- Be able to work on cost reduction projects on existing equipment.
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting-edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year