SEMA Construction, Inc., recently voted a Top Workplace by the Denver Post, has immediate openings for experienced Structural Project Engineers with a background in heavy civil construction. The Structural Project Engineer will be responsible for heavy civil projects based in Denver and willing to travel/relocate to Wichita, KS for duration of project to then continue career in Denver, CO.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinating with superintendents and foremen to ensure project goals and expectations are met.
- Assisting Project Manager to assure project compliance with SEMA’s safety policies and OSHA safety standards.
- Must be able to manage changes in scope of work and be proficient in Viewpoint.
- Assist with schedule and coordinate with foreman and field personnel with daily schedules including materials, subcontractors, equipment, quality control, etc.
- Assist project planning to include project definition, scope, resources, and schedule.
- Assist with baseline schedule from the job estimate.
- Processes change orders as needed.
- Assist with contracts and provide customer support on all jobs.
- Assist and coordinate and delegate timely completion of traffic control plans, equipment mobilization, safety plans, haul road plans, erosion control plans, purchase ordering, job costing, and other duties as required.
- Coordinate with all sub-contractors for timely completion and quality.
- Construction Management or Engineering degree from a four-year university
- 3-7 years of project experience in heavy civil construction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Applicant must be a problem solver and self-starter who operates independently and thrives in a busy environment
- Demonstrated ability to stay employed with single employer for over four years
SEMA Construction offers competitive wages and benefits to all employees. SEMA Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Structural Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan