AUTOKINITON (formerly L&W Group / Tower International) is searching for an experienced Welding Engineer Sr. to support our expanding company. This position will be based out of our Axis Design Studio in Plymouth, MI or our Axis Integration location in Britton, MI depending on your preference.
Responsible for maintenance floor support on all welding equipment including programming, weld integrity, cut and etch inspection as well as destructive and non-destructive testing and resolution, and working with Program Weld Engineering on new equipment and programs.
- Training Weld Engineers.
- Develop new welding technologies related to new products requirement.
- Support Operations in acquiring the needed level of equipment knowledge.
- Maintenance floor support on all welding and related equipment.
- Review and resolve all weld cut and etch and destruct related issues.
- Identify and communicate all issues and concerns with equipment and processes to upper management and others in Production and Operations.
- Initiate cross-functional equipment design reviews.
- Support new model launches and improvement teams.
- Support tool tryouts at supplier and in-house capability runs.
- Participate in cross-functional and program management team activities.
- Ensure utilization of continuous improvement of current processes.
- Co-responsibility for working with Quality and Tooling Engineers on FMEA’s and control plans.
- Initiate purchase order requisitions for new jobs and engineering changes on welding and assembly equipment.
- Support MRPII and TS16949 activities.
- Ensure list of perishables are provided to Maintenance, Tool Room and Purchasing on new equipment.
- Generate process parameter sheets (work standard and weld parameter sheets) for new incoming programs.
- Program robots, pedestal welders, and all other types of welding related equipment.
- Troubleshoot Technical/Mechanical concerns on equipment and support other skilled trades as required.
- High level of cooperation
- High level of commitment
- Natural Problem Solver
- Ability and Willingness to Learn
- Adaptive to a Fast Paced Environment
- Mechanical Ability
- MIG Welding
- Spot Welding
- Material Handling
- Additive Application
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 2-3 years on the job experience.
Job Type: Full-time