AAM 15 Management is an independent private equity real estate investment and hotel management company. We currently own and operate 5 hotels located MA, VT, VA and ME. We are on a very aggressive and targeted growth plan to develop and acquire hotels in the northeast. We are approved operators of Marriott International, IHG and Hilton Worldwide Hotels. Our team takes pride in achieving high market share in each hotels market area. We are committed to each of our properties performing in the top 10% of the brand in the area of guest satisfaction. Our senior leadership team recognizes that our company success and growth is only achieved by the contributions of our associates, our associates are the company’s most valued asset.
AAM 15 Management is looking for an experienced Chief Engineer to lead our R&M team at a hotel located in the Roanoke, VA. As a Chief Engineer, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the entire hotel property, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment with particular attention towards safety, guest satisfaction, security and asset protection. Job Responsibilities:
- Conducting walk-throughs and visually assessing the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, ice machines, swimming pools, lighting, kitchen equipment, emergency generators, switch rooms, roof exhausts and any other related equipment
- Informing the General Manager and hotel department heads on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure, related systems and equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these systems
- Ensuring all projects, including, but not limited to, routine maintenance, repairs, replacement and renovation projects, are completed on time and according to specifications/instructions.
- Testing the pool for chemical balance and operational condition
- Maintaining effective Energy Management and Preventative Maintenance programs and conducting special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel
- Working closely with other departments to ensure coordination of activities
- Supervising Engineering associates including hiring, training, evaluations, development and coach and counseling
- Preparing and adjusting weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing needs and payroll budget
- Reviewing guest comments and ensuring that problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner. * Responding to guest requests in a timely, professional and friendly manner to help ensure that we are meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
- Acting as the safety coordinator for the entire hotel including ensuring that all emergency equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per standards.
- Maintaining a safe and working environment throughout the hotel for all associates, enforcing safety guidelines and building awareness about safety
- Ensuring compliance with OSHA, Fire & Safety Laws
- Managing expenses within approved budget guidelines and General Manager approval
- Assessing critical repairs and facilitating an immediate and cost-effective response
- Implementing and managing procedures and practices that ensure an outstanding Quality Assurance (QA) Inspection from the hotel brand.
- Ensuring that there is an adequate inventory of parts, supplies, tools and materials available through effective ordering
- Participates in Hotel Manager on Duty program.
The ideal candidate for the Chief Engineer position will meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Chief Engineer in a hotel or similarly purposed building
- Must have knowledge of all types of mechanical equipment.
- Must have knowledge of building systems to include but not limited to; HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, painting and carpentry
- Must have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
- Must have valid drivers license
Job Type: Full-time
- Chief Engineer: 1 year (Required)
- Hotel Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Roanoke, VA 24016 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule