At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Project Lead in the Bombardier Aviation Experimental (BAEX) engineering organization.
The Experimental Engineering department (BAEX), located in Ville Saint-Laurent, is responsible to plan, design, build and validate systems and infrastructure required to support both ground and flight testing in order to provide quality test results for all new and In-Service Aircraft Programs.
In your role, you will:
- Establish aggressive short, medium and long term Engineering objectives and timelines for a high complexity integrated system test rig, in collaboration with the section chief
- Coordinate rig upgrade, electrical and mechanical design objectives, as well as fabrication activities, with all stakeholders, both internal and external to BAEX, follow-up and engage them in achieving results
- Define and plan simulation models rig upgrade to follow configuration requirements and its evolution
- Understand simulation models upgrade complexity to be able to determine any technical and/or schedule risks and the required level of verification and validation required before deployment
- Demonstrate initiative and judgment in order to resolve issues related to reaching objectives
- Plan and prepare implementation schedules, identify milestones, and track progress
- Perform risk analyses, throughout the project, to identify and implement mitigation plans
- Be accountable for meeting objectives, performance goals and project deadlines
- Track, document and update the budget as well as manage changes or out-of scope items
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports as well as post-mortem reviews (if needed)
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers
Required skills (advanced)
- Have experience in leading and driving engineering and fabrication activities for internal resources as well as third party Engineering service suppliers
- Leadership, ability to have a strategic perspective with a global vision
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, time management and communication skills
- Be autonomous and a critical thinker in order to take the right decisions
- Be confident and have experience in multidisciplinary team coordination
- Ability to assign tasks effectively and then follow up with thoroughness and rigor
- Be a team motivator, collaborator and promote the valorization and respect of others
- Have resilience, openness to change and manage stress positively
- Have good cost and contract management skills
As our ideal candidate,
- You have good experience and knowledge of Aircraft system such as FBW, Avionics, hydraulics and electrical
- You have knowledge of simulation models rig architecture to be able to interface with simulation suppliers
- You have minimum of 10 years’ experience in project management in the aerospace, transportation or other field where you have taken on increasing level of responsibilities and demonstrate the ability to handle more complex projects
- Training or Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Engineering, or relevant experience in the aeronautical
- You have management and supervisory experience that will differentiate you from other candidates and make you a prime candidate for this position
- You have Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- You have exceptional relational and editorial skills in English and French
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office software such as PowerPoint, Excel and MS Project
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
18.12.2019, 7:07:53 AM