Electro-OpticalEngineer/Applied Scientist Spectral Sensor Solutions - Albuquerque, NM 87123
Spectral Sensor Solutions is a premier developer of next-generation electro-optical systems for standoff sensing of chemical and biological hazards and for environmental remote sensing. We provide analysis, trade studies, design, engineering, development, proof-of-concept and demonstrations based on our two core technologies: UV Raman and IR eye-safe aerosol lidar. As a small innovative company, we provide an interesting, respectful and innovative work environment.
· Design and develop complex, high performance, ruggedized, laser-based spectroscopic sensor systems
· Derive the E-Osubsystem requirements from the system level requirements and maintain documentation of design rationale
· Develop detailed specifications for E-O subsystems and components; test and characterize subsystems and components for verification of performance to specifications
· Present updates and contribute to all design and program reviews conducted for customers and internal management
· Contribute to a larger team of engineers, scientists and technicians on new technology development from conception to production of reliable products.
· Research and develop innovative E-O concepts that will lead to new and unique laser-based spectroscopic sensor systems
· After a period demonstrating leadership and teamwork, this position could evolve into a lead role to direct a multidisciplinary engineering team during the design, integration, test and troubleshooting phases for E-O sensor prototype development
Full-time position. Occasional travel may be necessary. Excellent benefits including paid holidays, personal paid time off, competitive 401k with up to 6% company match, and immediate health coverage.
· B.S. or higher degree in Optical Science or Electro-Optical Engineering or related field
· 6+ years of experience in E-O engineering and spectroscopic sensor development
· Applicants must be either U.S. citizens.
· Design and development of advanced laser-based spectroscopic sensor systems
· E-O component and subsystem design and/or specification based on derived system-level requirements
· Hands-on integration, testing, and verification of E-O sensor systems
· E-O sensor system data acquisition and data analysis techniques
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Deployment, operation and troubleshooting of electro-optical sensor systems
· Design of sensors for standoff and proximity sensing of aerosol and vapor phase materials in the air and on surfaces
· Physics-based modeling and simulation of E-O sensor system performance and experimental validation of models
· Proficient in the application of optical raytracing software (e.g., Zemax) to the component, subsystem and system design of E-O sensor systems
· High-throughput high-resolution spectrometer design
Job Type: Full-time
Security Clearance Required:
This Company Describes Its Culture as: