Advantage Engineers (AE) is a rapidly expanding and dynamic professional engineering and consulting firm focused on telecommunications and broadband networks. AE designs, develops, and implements a wide-array of innovative, high-quality solutions. Our firm consists of 17 offices from New York to California.
The Senior OSP Engineer organizes and manages the work efforts of direct reports and the project team. The Senior OSP engineer helps to hire, train and supervise OSP/ISP Field Technicians and Fiber Drafters. They coordinate and execute projects based on the technical and managerial direction provided by senior management regarding the scope, schedule, and budget of projects. They are responsible for monitoring and assisting in achieving division and corporate financial goals and objectives. The Senior OSP Engineer is responsible to help develop proposals, negotiate pricing, execute projects, approve vendor invoices, submit client invoices, and effectively manage accounts receivable within established Company guidelines while maintaining and improving client relationships.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets, and experience levels.
- Field survey and engineering of proposed fiber route, collecting field information necessary to complete pole attachment applications and/or buried installation applications.
- Responsible for fiber network design characteristics to meet client requirements, including but not limited to fiber assignments, splice placement, address validation, logical schematics, and fiber optic component assessment.
- Aerial and underground make ready surveys; outside plant route selection and verification.
- Permit submittal and follow up, helping the team through field survey and office work to prepare, submit, and follow through on jurisdictional and other agency permits.
- Identifies essential materials and tools to carry out the scope of work.
- Perform and/or supervise a feasibility walk to determine whether the proposed route may be properly constructed according to quality and technical standards.
- Prepare and update site status reports, databases, and project forecast reports.
- Develop new business opportunities with clients.
- Knowledge and experience at a minimum of 10 years of experience with telecommunications outside plant engineering and construction.
- Knowledge and familiarity with advanced telecommunications outside plant plans and drawings.
- Familiar with typical outside plant survey equipment, tools, and technology such as measuring stick, laser range finder, and GPS.
- Ability to work well individually or as a team member.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and work effectively with limited supervision.
- Highly motivated “self-starter” able to work under aggressive project schedules.
- High School or equivalent.
- 10 years of experience with telecommunications outside plant engineering.
- OSP Engineering Certification (not required)
- AutoCAD or other drafting software experience a plus.
- Ability to create detailed and concise reports and tracking tools for all aspects of the project.
- Must have reliable transportation and being willing to travel to sites/work remotely.
- Lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Work indoor and outdoor under variable environmental conditions.
- OSHA 10 and/or OSHA 30 (Not Required).
- CPR/First Aid (Not Required).
- Occasional out of market travel.
Location: 435 Independence Avenue Suite C, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
Job Type: Full-time