Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As our Yarn Developer I you will support the development and management of new yarns specific for footwear with an emphasis on aesthetic, performance, quality and cost. They collaborate with the vendor, the product creation team, and other functions in order to establish seasonal yarn direction, attain on-time delivery and ensure product excellence for both consumers and athletes.
- Lead the process for yarn research, development and commercialization on both seasonal and strategic levels.
- Partner with Material Design and Flyknit product creation teams, to ensure the yarn palette is aligned to the seasonal direction, while considering source base, price and performance
- Update and be the lead in providing, tools and palettes across multiple yarn types to product creation enable effective yarn selection for end use and category ease of use; including technical assistance to product creation teams (primarily Knit Programming)
- Adhere to the product creation calendar to ensure yarn is developed, tested and commercialized prior to seasonal launch
- Collaborate with Knit Centers, APCC yarn Operation and Color Operations to ensure sample yarn inventories are set and available at the beginning of the season
- Lead vendor communication and have good understanding of vendor (yarn) capabilities. Be the primary contact for vendor as it relates to category specific issues (price, technical specs, performance).
- Responsible for yarn data set-up and updates in product creation tool (PCX).
- Responsible for yarn data health in product in product creation tool (PCX).
- Extend technical expertise to address risks and trouble-shoot solutions in pertinent yarn related issues.
- provide training and education programs for footwear product creation as well as best practices to enable informed decision making
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel, Textiles, Business or equivalent
- 4+ years' relevant experience, which may include footwear industry experience or experience in materials development, manufacturing or engineering
- Solid understanding of yarn manufacturing is a definite asset
- Must have a thorough understanding of the product creation process
- Lab testing and ability to interpret results preferred
- Ability to interpret design intent, offer alternative solutions, and operate in a very ambiguous environment
- Strong verbal/written, presentation and intercultural communication skills
- Ability to anticipate needs, solve problems, perform research and analyze results
- Attention to detail, active follow-through and operate well in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to handle and deliver projects in a timely manner. Be a self-starter.
- PC literate with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time, domestically and internationally
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.