Electrical Engineer, Control Systems/Power Electronics: As an Electrical Engineer at Electro Standards Labs your work will involve research, design, and development of hardware and embedded code for precision instrumentation, battery management systems, electric motors, hybrid battery/capacitor energy systems, communication products and precision instrumentation. You will be working in cross functionality with control, software and mechanical engineering. ESL's engineering team is a highly collaborative team with the primary goal of excellence. Our work environment is fast-paced and dynamic. we work together to find solutions to solve some of the world’s biggest challenges, and we like to have fun while doing it. Applications include innovative communication & instrumentation products, and battery management systems.
- US Citizenship is required due to US DoD contract work involved.
- Develop embedded hardware and firmware programming.
- Design digital/analog hardware, CPLD programmable logic
- Assess and modify existing product lines and control applications.
- Research and document results and modifications.
- Track project timelines to complete tasks on schedule.
- Ensure reliable and high-quality systems are designed.
- US Citizenship required.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Altium is preferred
- Experience with CPLD programmable logic, C language firmware programming with application to embedded controls and real-time systems.
- Background in electric induction motor controls, Simulink, and Matlab simulation tools, power electronics system, and DSP based systems is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
Compensation and Benefits: Electro Standards Laboratories offers competitive compensation. Our comprehensive benefits include health/dental/insurance, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and a 401k program.
Electro Standards Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- US Citizenship (Required)
Work Location: One location