This is a hands-on, salaried position offering a generous compensation package, including a relocation stipend, signing bonus and an excellent benefits package. The ideal candidate will be a tenacious go-getter with excellent communication skills and strong technical aptitude.
Gulbrandsen offers top pay and benefits for qualified candidates including:
- Medical and Dental Insurance plan
- Challenging, collaborative work environment where your contributions are valued
The successful candidate will collaborate with senior engineers and operations managers for the day-to-day support and execution of engineering projects to improve Operational Excellence at this site. The Process Engineer will conduct research including field studies to develop new manufacturing processes, analyze operating procedures, equipment, and machinery functions, and make recommendations for reducing processing time and cost. The Process Engineer will have the opportunity to interact with senior leadership of the company such as the Founder/CEO and President in engineering meetings and management review meetings. The planned career track for this position is to become an Operations Manager within 5 years. Past holders of this role have moved onto Unit Manager roles and then more senior roles in the company such as Global Business Director. The Process Engineer will have the opportunity to interact with all functions of the company including Finance and Sales & Marketing. Additionally, the Process Engineer will have the opportunity to collaborate with our other global engineering groups such as the one in India, and with expert process consultants who support our process development.
- B.S. Chemical Engineering
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with the operations manager to determine the most effective arrangement of operations and improve process functions such as mixing, material and heat transfer, distillation, and drying.
- Prepare estimates of production costs and production progress reports for management.
- Perform tests throughout stages of production to determine the degree of control over variables, including temperature, density, specific gravity, and pressure.
- Conduct research to develop new and improved chemical manufacturing processes.
- Inspect facilities and advise as to opportunities for productivity gains and automation projects as well as preventative maintenance measures needed.
- Analyze charts, work orders, historical data, maintenance, and production schedules in order to meet customer requirements and set daily/monthly preventative maintenance activities
- Confer with managers/supervisors to plan maintenance activities throughout the operation
- Order/Inspect materials, parts, and equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Direct, review, and approve design changes to equipment or the facility
KEY JOB COMPETENCIES
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Enthusiastic and eager to engage in work and to celebrate success.
- Excellent knowledge of systems and their application in a maintenance setting
- Adapts to changing requirements & project needs. Sees change as an opportunity.
- Produces output aligned with departmental & project standards
- Demonstrates ability to thrive within a team environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to persevere in the efforts required to break new ground
- Strong computer competencies.
- Past experience with hands-on, practical work involving problem-solving is desired.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Routine cleaning and disinfecting of common areas
Hand sanitizer stations in place
Social distancing practice throughout the facility
- Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location