We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
The Model Based Systems Engineer is responsible for developing and coordinating the verification of requirements, specifications, statements of work, test plans, risks and opportunities and design reviews.
Education and Requirements:
- Develop requirement and requirements specifications for the air system and subsystems, support development of requirements and specifications for component and assemblies.
- Develop operational models using the DoD Architecture Framework
- Use Model Based Systems Engineering principles to develop SysML systems descriptions
- Manage program reviews to include Systems Requirements and System Functional Reviews, Preliminary Design and Critical Design Reviews.
- Collaborate with design engineers in the development of Statements of Work.
- Coordinate with design engineers, specialty engineering, flight technology and build team to ensure a coherent set of requirements is being developed.
- Execute design reviews and the Tier I and Tier II level, ensuring all necessary deliverables are complete and to the required standard.
- Assist in the management of the program product lifecycle management tool for the program.
- Work with IPTs to develop verification plans for each subsystem.
- Perform RIO development and tracking with program management and support IPT RIO management.
- Track and capture design decision notices, impacts and design changes as they occur throughout the program.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or Systems Engineering.
- Experience in SysML, MBSE and DoDAF modeling.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to coordinate systems engineering activities and report status.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, internal and external suppliers, as well as horizontal integrations across the other teams.
- Familiarity with aerospace design and verification processes to include; requirements develop and verification, preliminary and detailed design.
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
Don’t miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment where you feel a sense of belonging. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Field Engineering
Primary Location US-Texas-Fort Worth
Recruiting Company Bell Textron Inc.
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Travel Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting 08/19/2020, 3:10:17 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.