What’s the job?
Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience – as Maintenance Representative you’ll keep everything looking sharp and running like clockwork. From simple repairs to forward-thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support our own, you’ll approach every task with devotion and pride.
- Repair or replace items around the hotel and refurbish items in guest rooms. By keeping on top of these tasks, you’ll keep our hotels looking great and working well.
- Organise supplies and make sure equipment is ready for the next day
- Live up to high safety standards – follow guidelines and tell your supervisor about any incidents, dangerous conditions or unsafe equipment
- Take responsibility for the safety and cleanliness of areas inside and outside the hotel, like the car park and pool
- Always keep an eye out for improvements – follow the preventative maintenance calendar and keep everything working and efficient at all times
- Be a friendly face and helping hand to our guests
- Keep your supervisor or duty manager in the loop and tell them about any low running supplies
- Look smart and approachable in your uniform
- Be ready to take on extra duties as and when the team needs you
What we need from you
- Experience – you’ll have at least one year of maintenance or repair work under your belt
- A high school diploma or related vocational training
- You’ll be familiar with Microsoft Office, a building management programme and/or any other reporting tools like HotSos, Opera, Lutron, Bartech, or Inncom
- On top of building equipment and hand tools, you’ll have a working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrics and preventative maintenance procedures • CPO certification – if the hotel has a pool, a Certified Pool Operator license would be ideal
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day, and will need to bend and kneel a lot
- Compliance – as well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
- Great communication skills, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
How do I deliver this?
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all hotels.
Each hotel delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 - $12.00 per hour
- engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Hours per week:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
Work Location: One location