CA API Gateway (formerly CA Layer 7) Engineer
New Carrollton, MD/Remote
New Carrollton, MD
**No Third Parties**
**A U.S. Citizenship or a Green card is required by the government contract. No exceptions can be made. **
Job Description: Strategic Technology Partners LLC (STP) has an opportunity for a CA API Gateway Engineer who will be designing, developing and supporting mission critical API security infrastructure for a large federal agency.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Prior hands-on experience in API management platforms, such as Layer 7 and/or the CA API Gateway version 9.4 and API related activities such as: requirement analysis, solution architecture and design, building API policies and assertions.
- Knowledge of API design standards, patterns and best practices.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with API security standards and implementation (OAuth, OpenID).
- Experience in installing and configuring CA API Gateway OAuth Toolkit.
- Prior experience with creating and maintaining design documentation including use cases and sequence diagrams.
- Provide routine administration including patching, deploying software, implementing changes, and server configuration.
- Prior Java/J2EE software development experience, REST and SOA is required.
Other Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience with database (SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL/MongoDB/Cassandra) is a plus.
- Prior experience with the integration of CA SiteMinder with the CA API Gateway is preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education Requirement: A bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering or related field preferred
Security Requirement: Ability to obtain a Department of Treasury Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) is required for this position. Proof of U.S. Citizenship or a Green card is required. No exceptions can be made, as this is required by the government contract. Candidates with an active Department of Treasury Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) are preferred.
Location: The position is a combination of remote and on-site work at the discretion of the customer.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: It is our policy to abide by all applicable federal, state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination on the basis of a person's race, religion, color, national origin, genetic information, disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact our Human Resources department using the contact form on our home page.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job