Selux, a 4-year old start-up company in Boston, is building a diagnostic platform to revolutionize Infectious Disease patient care and combat the current antibiotic resistance epidemic. Selux’s first product, a rapid antibiotic susceptibility test (AST) platform, uniquely breaks the current trade-offs between speed, cost, accuracy, and antibiotic menu breadth that plague the current generations of devices. The 20-person company closed its $25M Series B financing in March ’18 and is on track to obtain FDA clearance in 2020.
Selux recently won an award worth up to $45M to build its second-generation direct-from-sterile sample identification (ID) and AST platform. By eliminating most standard microbiological culturing, this platform will enable Infectious Disease clinicians to deliver same-day personalized antibiotic therapies to septic patients and those with urinary tract infections.
SeLux is looking for a versatile, self-motivated, independent and experienced Senior Field Service Engineer to lead installation, validation, maintenance, troubleshooting and service repair needs on Selux equipment. He/she must have a strong track record of creative and innovative problem solving in cross-functional environments as well as a desire to grow by working on a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, multidisciplinary team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide service to Selux clinical, commercial trial and customer sites
- Install, maintain, calibrate and repair equipment and software systems
- Troubleshoot, find root causes, document and report repairs and failures and communicate them efficiently with development, manufacturing and sustaining engineering teams (internal and external).
- Develop, improve and perform installation, service, and preventive maintenance procedures
- Ensure regulatory compliance
- Work closely with customers and solve customer issues and complaints
- Be aware of and comply with the Selux quality system
- Willingness to travel 75%
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline
- At least 5 years of experience maintaining and repairing of complex electromechanical clinical equipment with direct responsibility
- Current valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to travel across the continental US
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on cross-functional teams
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Devices: 3 years (Required)
- Field Service: 3 years (Required)