CalCom Energy has a full-time job opportunity for a Project Manager to make an immediate impact on our team.
We are looking for someone who is positive, supportive, and self-starting to join our team and be responsible for ensuring construction projects are completed according to schedule, at an above industry standard of quality, to the full satisfaction of the client, and within budgetary guidelines. The ideal candidate enjoys working on a team and wants to join a company where everyone works together to get the job done.
The full job description and application link can be found here: https://bit.ly/37GTB58
We offer competitive pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- 100% employer-paid employee benefits for PPO or HMO
- 50% employer-paid dependent PPO or HMO coverage
- 3 weeks PTO for all employees
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Christmas through New Years holiday
- 6% employer match for 401k
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring construction projects are completed according to schedule, at an above industry standard of quality, to the full satisfaction of the client, and within budgetary guidelines. Responsible and accountable for client relationship, scope, cost, schedule, company liability, and quality. Responsible for all monthly reporting and leading and managing all assigned project controls. :
- Understand, plan and execute commercial solar projects in accordance with the terms of the contract and specifications.
- Coordinate project design and engineering plan sets and calculations for civil, structural, mechanical and electrical disciplines, and facilitate the AHJ permitting submittal and approval process.
- Support and manage client interactions, communication, invoicing and on time payment.
- Schedule, manage and attend client, vendor, jobsite and technical meetings, as required to effectively execute the project.
- Create accurate project budgets, change orders, and manage P&L ledgers throughout the contract period.
- Create and regularly update project schedules using Microsoft Project or similar.
- Produce detailed monthly project update reports for review by the Sr Project Manager and/or client.
- Facilitate vendor purchase orders, subcontract agreements including scope of work, and effectively manage 3rd parties in accordance with the project schedule and budget.
- Oversee on-site construction activities to ensure they are performed in accordance with contract documents, and that they meet the design intent.
- Effectively facilitate project close out activities, including but not limited to; testing and commissioning, utility/AHJ inspections, asset management documentation and final handoff meetings.
- Direct and oversee Project Engineers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Science or Business Administration from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum 5 Years’ project management experience within a construction environment.
- Minimum 2 Years’ project management experience on commercial or utility scale solar projects.
- Strong Excel, Word, and Project skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have a clean driving record
Who We Are
CalCom Energy (calcomenergy.com) is a Fresno, CA-based solar project developer and energy services company focused on agriculture and water customers. Founded in California’s Central Valley in 2012, CalCom develops, finances and builds solar and energy storage projects that offset rising electricity costs while helping customers reduce operational expenses, improve their bottom line, and create a more sustainable world. To date the company has developed 100+MW of solar, including some of the largest agricultural solar farms in the West.
Job Type: Full-time
- project management: 5 years (Required)