Department: Quality Assurance
Wage Grade: Salaried
About the Position:
The Quality Manager develops and maintains quality systems for the operation, is the first point of contact for customer quality issues, and manages the Quality Auditors, Quality Technician, Quality Engineer, and any third- party sorters.
Provide leadership for the organization in seeking root cause solutions and continuous improvement. Management of our customers’ quality needs and expectations within commercial and technical realities.
- Manage quality department, including all personnel related issues.
- First point of contact for customer quality concerns.
- Responsible for external and internal quality system auditing (IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015)
- Manage customer audits including VDA , IATF, and ISO.
- Coordinate on-site customer sorts.
- Review and analyze internal and external sort data.
- Coordinate outside testing and inspection.
- Create and maintain quality system procedures and work instructions as required.
- Generate sort instructions and sample parts for non-conforming parts.
- Lead corrective action and continuous improvement meetings with cross functional team.
- Monitor disposition of reject area.
- Gage repeatability and reproducibility and capability studies.
- Report on the performance of the quality system to the management staff as a basis for improvement of the quality system.
- Certified in IATF 16949 & VDA with a working knowledge of both quality standards.
- Blueprint reading skills, including GD&T.
- Formal Metrology training or prior work experience in quality demonstrating conceptual and practical application of measurement discipline.
- Ability to operate standard measurement tools including calipers, measuring gages, scales, optical comparator, CMM, DVC, gage pins, height gage, and micrometers.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on multiple open tasks.
- Ability to address issues in a positive or neutral point of view.
- Ability to address problems and develop solutions.
- Data input, data analysis, and the ability to flag problems.
- Core Tools Training: APQP, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, SPC
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a Quality related discipline.
- Previous injection molding experience.
This position is responsible for supervising the following positions:
- Quality Auditors
- Quality Technician
- Quality Engineer
This position primarily operates in a professional office environment. To perform the essential functions of the position it will be required to spend time on the production floor, material, warehouse, and assembly departments.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Frequent sitting and some standing and walking.
- Reaching with hands and arms.
- Good vision (correctable)
Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Safety glasses when entering the production, maintenance, assembly, or material areas.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Quality Assurance: 5 years (Preferred)
- IATF 16949:2016: 3 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
Company's Facebook page: