We are currently seeking for an experienced Autonomous Robotics Engineer to join our interdisciplinary Research & Development (R&D) team comprised of Robotics Engineers, Scientists, Software, IT, and Machine Learning Engineers. Reporting to the Senior Director, Engineering, this position is responsible for designing autonomous solutions, including mechanical, electrical, and software components, using motors, controllers, and sensors. This position will develop software to enable functional, real-time operation of outdoor autonomous robots that facilitate our bioscience research.
Terramera will provide relocation assistance to the successful candidate. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and other relevant qualifications.
To lead the research, design and implementation of autonomous robotics solutions to advance R&D activities to optimization.
- Manage the design and implementation of autonomous robotics solutions to optimize R&D operations
- Execute visual navigation, perception, and place recognition algorithm development and implementation
- Select the controller, sensing devices, and actuating artifacts and integrate them
- Perform field testing, simulation development, system debugging and dataset collection
- Keep up to date with relevant academic publications
- Perform other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job
- Master's degree or PhD in Mechatronics, Mechanical/Electrical/Control Systems Engineering, or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in robotics research
- Hands-on experience in developing robotics solutions from conception to implementation
- Proficiency with C++ and Python programming
- Experience with ROS and Gazebo for robot control, simulation and motion planning
- Experience working with various sensors – cameras, radars, lidars, GPS, IMU
- Experience with motors and motion control methods
- Knowledge of real time programming in Ubuntu Linux development environment
- Working knowledge of state estimation, SLAM, path planning, or navigation
- Working knowledge of intelligent, classic, or optimal control methods, including PID and reinforcement control
- Experience with programming Arduino and Raspberry pi platforms
- Proven ability to rapidly prototype solutions
- Capable of performing research on best practices and making it consumable for other team members
- Exposure to networking technologies – CAN, TCP/UDP, etc.
- Experience working with RTOS, Orocos, VXWorks or other RT operating systems
- Experience with GNSS/RTK/INS systems
- Experience in machine learning and computer vision
- Portfolio of completed projects available for review
QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Safety-minded and hands-on
- Strong problem-solving aptitude
- Highly conscientious with strong follow-through
- Effective team player demonstrating a positive attitude
- Responsive to feedback
An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills/behaviors will be considered.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
WHO WE ARE
Terramera is a cleantech leader focused on fusing AI, science and nature to create revolutionary technologies that transform how we grow food and solve other world-scale challenges. With its Actigate™ ( https://www.terramera.com/actigate-technology ) Targeted Performance technology and mission to unlock the intelligence in nature to ensure a world that thrives and provides for everyone, Terramera is committed to reducing global synthetic chemical loads in agriculture by 80 percent while increasing global farm productivity by 20 percent by 2030. The privately held company was founded in 2010 and has grown to include a world-class bench of engineers, scientists, advisors and investors. Terramera is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, has integrated operations that include a research lab, greenhouse and farm, and has more than 185 patents in its IP portfolio.
Our success begins with our people. We're looking for A-Players who are passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on Terramera, please visit our website at www.terramera.com ( http://www.terramera.com )
Terramera is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.