We are seeking a candidate with strong software development skills to be part of a team that develops the next generation of GE’s global mobile & collaboration solutions. The engineer will build web UI and mobile applications using modern frameworks such as React, Angular and React Native. Gather requirements, verifying designs with stakeholders, and implementing the code to build a final product. This position will coordinate with team members for design, development, and operations.
- Develop high quality mobile & web applications using React, Angular and React Native, SASS/CSS, Node, etc.
- Experience with testing frameworks (Jest, Jasmine, Mocha)
- Experience with build tools such as Webpack, Grunt or Gulp
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Contributes to the team and works with direction from the Senior Team Members or management but also able to work independently.
- Collaborate with system engineers, frontend and backend developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
- Write unit tests and integration tests for applications
- Optimize performance of web applications
- Be able to implement responsive web design
- Work on 3rd level production support, troubleshooting complex issues and recommending solutions
- Research & follow industry technology trends to help GE stay current
- Participate in all phases of SLDC, including code reviews, writing automated tests, and automating deployments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or relevant field and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience OR Associates degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience OR a minimum of 6 years of professional experience in software engineering.
- 1 year of experience with React
- Experience with dependency management such as RequireJS, SystemJS or Browserify
- Mobile development with React Native a plus
- Flexibility - ability to handle multiple long & short cycles, major & minor tasks simultaneously, while maintaining an aggressive release schedule
- Process-oriented – able to devise and implement plans and courses of action from high level down to individual steps
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
- Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
- Change oriented – actively generates process improvements; supports and drives change, and confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways
GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral
to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries and around the world. It’s how we’ve
sustained a 130-year record of innovation and reputation for leadership. It’s how we solve the toughest challenges for
our customers and society. Developing people allows us the build, power, move and cure. It prepares us all for the
future. Today, that is as important as ever. Globalization and technology are converging with unprecedented speed
to reshape every job, workplace and industry. Our commitment to developing people starts with a belief that
education systems must align early and always with the changing requirements of the new economy. It continues
with the understanding that employers and educational institutions must collaborate over skills development,
enabling people to learn new, relevant skills and work smarter over the entire course of a career. And it creates
global leaders, people who can navigate the complexity of our times with clarity, courage and integrity. Developing
people is commitment that doesn’t just make us better; it makes everyone better. Let GE invest in helping you grow
both personally and professionally.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;Rhode Island;Providence;