Time and Alarm Systems is an industry leader in the Integration and Implementation of Low Voltage Systems including Fire Alarm, Security, CCTV, Access Control, Intercom/Mass Notification, Computer Networking and Audio-Visual Systems for the construction market in Southern California.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated highly professional Sales/Engineer. This position offers the right person a chance to excel in their professional field, while having the opportunity to earn a competitive salary. This position offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401K plan.
The successful applicant will be required to maintain a support structure for ongoing customers as well as the local design communities. This position will include both inside sales and proposals for projects bidding as well ongoing project support for our field personnel. The successful candidate must be detail oriented and willing to work in multiple areas of the low voltage including Fire Alarm, Security Alarm, Voice / Data Cabling Infrastructure, Audio / Visual Systems, Mass Notification CCTV, Clocks, Television Distribution and Pro Audio Applications.
Main Job Objectives:
- Develop and expand the current Time and Alarm System’s customer base with sales and company promotions. This includes but is not limited to End Users, Architects, Electrical Engineers, Industry Professionals and AHJ’s.
- Maintain relationships with customers on a continuing basis.
- Support the local Architects and Engineers with System Design and Specifications writing as needed, which may include product demonstrations and/or offering manufacturer support.
- Create project RFI’s, Material Take-Off’s, Pricing and Proposal for ongoing public and private bid projects.
- Ability to create and maintain typical construction documentation including but not limited to: RFI’s, Change Order Proposals, and Submittals.
- Ability to write Presentations and Cost Proposal in a professional manner.
- Be open minded and able to suggest new products for both existing and new customer. Time and Alarm prides itself on being an industry leader in up to date and current product offerings within our industry.
- Proactive in following up on proposals both verbally and in writing.
- Promote product knowledge by setting up meetings and offering product demonstrations to customers.
- Be active in the local low voltage industry, attend local industry sponsored events and educate local professional and authorities on new codes products and standards.
- Research and create goals and objectives for targeting vertical markets and analyzing competition to maximize sales.
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to creating spreadsheets, cost proposal and project bids using software.
- Strong verbal and written skills. Candidate must be able to demonstrate a sense of leadership in negotiations and critical thinking.
- Able to work in a team environment or individually with little direct supervision.
- Good driving record and able to produce a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
- Industry professionals holding RCDD, NICET, CTS and/or LEED certifications are encouraged to apply.
- Able to pass and maintain a certificate for the current State of California Fire Life Safety and Low Voltage Systems requirements
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Documentation: 1 year (Required)
- Sales: 1 year (Required)
- Estimating: 1 year (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible