Mayco International is a fast growing, technologically driven manufacturing company. Our culture is built upon our values of integrity, pride, and family. Our people are our greatest asset, and we are looking for awesome individuals to join our growing team!
Mayco International is headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan with more than 7,000 employees in 45 plants across the USA, China, India, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, and Australia. We provide design and advanced engineering services, tooling, manufacturing and assembly, sequencing, and logistics, as well as systems integration services. We serve OEMs and other Tier 1 suppliers in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia.
Our culture is team-based, interactive, flexible, and supports continuous learning experiences, both hands-on as well as formal. Tools such as Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, and World Class Manufacturing are used to improve our processes which improve our performances individually and as a group. We are growth focused and believe that a positive working environment is critical to our success.
Currently we are recruiting for a Packaging Engineer. This position will provide the successful candidates with the chance to apply skills and work as a team within a clean and safe environment.
The Packaging Engineer will develop and procure packaging for Tier 1 automotive components, as well as WIP packaging for internal/intercompany components, export & service packaging. This includes, but is not limited to (racks, dunnage, returnable containers, and corrugated packaging). They will also help with getting current launching programs caught up and taking overactive programs as needed.
- Analyze engineering drawings/math data of the product to be placed in the container to determine physical characteristics.
- Identifies special handling, customer requirements and protective requirements of the container.
- Present concepts to user plants including work-in-process and finished goods customer plants.
- Procure prototypes to review with customer plants for buy-off.
- Develops analysis reports for program management.
- Work directly with packaging vendors to develop pack concepts, analyze competitive quotes, and work with Mayco Purchasing to determine supplier sourcing.
- Advises plant management on packaging procedures.
- Uploading of BOM’s in Mayco’s CMS database (Training will be provided)
- Provides cost estimates for customer RFQ's.
- Coordinate implementation of packaging for all phases of new programs, from pre production builds, to PPAP & launch/post launch requirements.
- Submits customer packaging forms to the specific customer database and secures approval; coordinates with respective plant for approval as needed.
- Evaluates the on-going packaging design for existing production parts.
- Lead packaging cost save initiatives for internal goals and customer requests.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word & Power Point.
- Other duties / responsibilities assigned by management.
- Help develop/improve internal packaging procedures.
- Preferred 5 years experience as Packaging Engineer in automotive manufacturing industry, with experience in packing injection molded parts (Hard trim, black functional, structural)
- Experience in cost estimating for customer RFQ.
- Stellantis (FCA) program launch experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Stellantis systems (CRATES, 198/092 Clause cost procedures, Mopar CDR, GPSIS). This is preferred, but not must, training can be provided.
- Knowledge of CAD and Spinfire (Preferred but not a must, training can be provided).
- Packaging Engineering degree (Preferred but not a must).
- Premium Health Care Benefits - effective date of hire
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $88,000.00 - $93,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony? (Note: A conviction record will not necessarily be a bar to employment)
Work Location: One location