Fishman Transducers is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineering Manager who is intimately familiar with audio systems and has extensive experience in analog and digital electronics design for consumer products.
The Electrical Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading a small team of electrical engineers in designing the world’s leading acoustic amplifiers, pro audio systems, and other musical instruments and components. Must be familiar with new product development processes and have demonstrable experience with new product development process improvements. Familiarity with Stage Gate, Kanban, and Agile development processes is a plus. Ideally, the Electrical Engineering Manager opportunity will be a player-coach position with the right candidate whereby some elements of the more complex projects will be hands-on in design, debugging, and even prototyping. The ideal candidate will be well versed in technical aspects of audio engineering, acoustics, analog systems, digital systems, and embedded software with a passion for innovation, creativity, and music.
Electrical Engineering Manager Job Duties:
- Provides electrical engineering technical guidance and recommendations to projects, strategic plans, and technical reviews; manages Agile-based action plans and project tasks; assists production, quality, and customer-service with technical issues; troubleshoots and resolves problems; is capable of design, prototyping, and debugging.
- Assists with budgeting, scheduling, and resource planning and allocation.
- Plans engineering projects by assisting with product specifications and leveraging platforms and future platform development.
- Manages unit cost estimations and development costs and works with planning to determine appropriate sources for materials.
- Works with product managers to ensure on-time product development, to create reasonable and accurate schedule estimations, and resolve project issues.
- Works to streamline development processes but adhere to all safety and compliance regulations integrating test procedures and quality assurance and validations.
- Works with contract manufacturers on establishing technical requirements, production tests, quality validation and evaluation, and troubleshooting production issues.
- Establishes technical standards in design, documentation, and reviews.
- Manages a small team of engineers and other electronics technical staff.
Electrical Engineering Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Electronic Design, Prototyping, Testing and Debugging; Analog Design; Digital Design; Electronics Production Methods and Technologies; Technical Management; Electronics Troubleshooting; Quality Focus; Process Improvement; Consumer Product Design; Leadership.
Fishman is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Fishman prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Fishman takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday