Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on www.auntbertha.com.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
What We Need Your Help Doing: We need someone who is ready to jump in and make a big difference through systems development, architecture, and technical leadership.
- Maintain, extend and improve our existing Python / React web application codebase
- Work with our Product team to define and implement new application features
- Document your work and follow engineering best practices
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficient with Python
- Have used a modern JS framework in a real project (React experience is a huge plus)
- Experience working on at least one production web application
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus Points: Not required, but the person we hire will likely have a few of these skills as well:
- Experience with React, or similar modern JS frameworks
- Knowledge of REST API development and best practices
- Different flavors of database experience (SQL, NoSQL, key/value)
- Experience working with Elasticsearch
- Experience developing for mobile (responsive and/or native)
What You Get: This is a full-time position offering a laid-back, mission-focused environment rich with meaningful work, work/life balance, lots of snacks, and a full benefits package including stock options.
Apply Now! We are selecting from a broad field of candidates. If you are interested in joining our team please respond to this job posting with the following required items:
- Your resume
- A cover letter in which you tell us who you are, and why Aunt Bertha's mission strikes a chord with you. We are most interested in people who are interested in working with us to make the world a better place. If you skip this step, you most likely won’t be considered!
- Please include your GitHub username, StackOverflow profile and/or links to any projects or other resources that provide the full picture of your experience and skill set.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Need a Visa? We are sorry to say that due to the logistics and cost, we are not hiring anyone who needs a visa for this position. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity on our team.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)