KXTV is looking for a Broadcast Engineer to provide technical support to ABC10. This individual will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing TV/Digital production, transmission, and computer-based equipment.
- Support day to day operations of our television station including all daily news operations, equipment, and computer-based IT systems.
- Maintain and repair satellite/microwave ENG equipment, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, video routers, editing systems, intercoms, display monitors, and traditional broadcast applications.
- Maintain, upgrade and support broadcast and IT environments throughout the station including the sales department, news department, television production and broadcast studios.
- Provide technical support to all operational users.
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required.
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software, peripherals, network servers, printers, storage, routers, switches, LAN cabling, system security and virus protection.
- Create and maintain wiring documentation and system configuration documentation.
- Maintain knowledge staying current on technological advances in software, hardware, networking, media storage, television broadcasting and studio production.
- Provide light building maintenance and perform other duties as assigned.
- Self-starter, problem solver and able to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Must possess strong personal interaction skills, good communication skills, ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain television broadcast equipment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills - ability to clearly communicate the status of a problem, provide progress updates and offer solutions to challenging technical issues.
- Previous television broadcast and/or network IT experience preferred.
- Ability to install and maintain computer systems and network equipment.
- Available to work various hours and days including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components and perform other physical tasks.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance