POSITION TITLE: Application Developer
LOCATION: Scranton, PA; we are open to hiring someone from out of the area who would work remotely.
COMPANY PROFILE: ACES$ Financial Management Services is a division of MyCIL (the Northeast Pennsylvania Center for Independent Living). ACES$ provides payroll management solutions for persons with disabilities, their attendants, and the governmental and private organizations that oversee these consumer-directed programs.
ACES$ owns, builds, and maintains our own proprietary financial management software to serve the needs of these individuals and programs. ACES$ is actively recruiting a highly motivated, full stack, .NET Framework / .NET Core software developer. This dynamic individual will add to our Application Development Team’s 30+ years’ experience with building and improving core products for the people we serve.
Learn more at https://www.mycil.org/acess-financial-management-services.html
THE ROLE DEFINED: Reporting to the Director of Application Development, the Application Developer will be a part of the fast paced and highly dynamic ACES$ Application Development team. We are mission driven, passionate group of Application and Web Developers who want to build quality products for the populations we serve.
- The individual possesses hands-on knowledge of the Model View Controller (MVC) pattern and the use of the following technologies:
- .NET Framework
- .NET Core
- .NET Core and .NET Framework MVC
- Razor Pages, JQuery, and Bootstrap
- REST Web Services
- Entity Framework
- MS-SQL T-SQL Queries and Stored Procedures
- AWS Lambdas
- Our technology stack includes batch applications that run at varying frequencies (near real time, daily, etc.). Experience with headless applications that integrate with REST Web Services, ingest data extracts, or produce reports is a plus.
- We have many opportunities to integrate with internal and external systems using REST Web Services. The understanding of web services integration and web services security is desired.
- We enhance applications frequently and build new data structures. The ability to review and author T-SQL Stored Procedures is required. Data modeling experience is desired but not required.
- We maintain an actively used Production Environment. This includes analyzing and resolving reported defects. A troubleshooting skillset and persistent attention to detail are desired.
- Experience with Visual Studio 2017 and 2019, Team Foundation Version Control, and the Azure DevOps Repository and Pipeline architecture is desired.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a Software Engineering-related studies is desired, but not required, if balanced with sufficient demonstrated work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in application development.
- Experience with developing and supporting web-based MVC business applications and web services.
DESIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- An “always learning” attitude is a must. We strive to continually educate our Developers and to expose them to new technology (Azure DevOps, Amazon Web Services (AWS)) and processes (Enterprise Integration and Release Management).
- We want Big Picture thinkers. As a Developer, you must be able to learn business processes from end to end and to recognize areas where improvement is needed. With each project, you’ll often ask yourself, “Will this product change deliver a defect‐free, stable, trustworthy, and responsive application that helps to serve our mission?”
- On larger projects, we pair Developers together for cross training and architecture review. Dynamic team leadership and communication with Developers and Business Analysts of all skill levels is a must.
- We rely heavily on our Business Analysts for business process understanding. They rely heavily on Developers for System Analysis. The ability to balance the end users’ needs and correlating it to solid system design is desired.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the main functions of the position and shall not be considered as the detailed listing of all the job requirements that may be part of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Application Development: 2 years (Required)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction