Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. is the industry-leading manufacturer of high performance mobile electronics. Alpine is the only manufacturer specializing in mobile multimedia, an integrated system approach incorporating digital entertainment, security and navigation products for your mobile entertainment. As a consolidated subsidiary of Alps Electric Co., Ltd., one of the world's premier manufacturers of electronic components for computer, communications and car electronic equipment, Alpine is the specialized supplier of quality mobile electronics systems.
The Resident Engineer will interface with the automotive OEM customer during the product development and mass production phases of a program to ensure customer requirements are met. The Engineer will reside at the GM VEC in Warren, Michigan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain daily communication and coordination with customer concerning program direction, engineering, and production issues
- Take direction from GM Design Release Engineer and Alpine Project Engineer for day-to-day tasks.
- Attend weekly customer Product Development Team meetings and maintain customer open items list
- Participate in weekly phone conference with Alpine's design center in Japan
- Write Engineering Work Orders in GM system and track program team approval
- Assist in system level activities, including vehicle reviews, system validation, and obtaining documents released by customer
- Use serial data communication tools to complete component and system level validation on displays and HVAC controls on system benches
- Visit customer locations and deliver, install and remove parts on development vehicles in support of various customer reviews and problem resolution activities
- Reflash embedded software on components
- Participate in special projects as part of career growth and learning
- This position will drive for company business.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The desired engineer will have a BS degree, preferable in Engineering, with 2 years of automotive electrical component experience highly preferred. A valid U.S. driver’s license and auto insurance are required during employment in this position.
Preferred experience and skills:
- Experience with displays, electromechanical controls, or embedded software modules
- Ability to interpret vehicle electrical schematics
- Experience with Neovi/Vehicle Spy/CANoe tools and oscilloscopes
- Good customer interface skills
- Must be able to effectively read, write and interpret documents
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong work ethic with good time management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Self-motivated team player who demonstrates initiative and flexibility
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
Alpine offers competitive salaries with a great work environment. Our comprehensive employee benefits package includes:
- PPO Health Benefits (medical/dental/vision) Effective on Start Date
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Opportunity for Annual Bonuses
- Generous PTO and Holiday Schedule
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Product Purchase Discounts
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurances
Alpine values its members as individuals, and is committed to forming an energetic and attractive company where the quality of work is enhanced.
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Alpine to consider all job applications on the basis of merit without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic.
Job Type: Full-time