The Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance, overhaul, and troubleshooting of the production equipment, to ensure the stability of the equipment and the smooth progress of production.
Equipment overhaul and maintenance:
- Responsible for dealing with the mechanical failures in time to ensure the smooth operation of equipment;
- Use simple office software such as WORD and EXCEL to perform statistics, analysis, and control of downtime, maintenance costs, and equipment oil costs in the responsible area;
- Perform daily process, equipment and safety inspection of equipment and work area according to the Work Instruction and relevant specification documents;
- Complete the daily inspection of the equipment in the responsible area, according to inspection standards; complete the equipment inspection records; determine the hidden dangers of equipment failures; troubleshoot unqualified items during the inspection to ensure the normal operation of the equipment;
- Complete the equipment lubrication and maintenance requirements in the responsible area; perform equipment lubrication maintenance in accordance with the lubrication standards; number of lubrication points, type of lubricating oil, amount of lubrication, lubrication cycle; The equipment should not stop more than 2 times each month as a result of negligence of this task;
- Cooperate with mechanical engineers to complete maintenance of major equipment failures, as well as monthly and annual equipment maintenance projects; Ensure that equipment performance meets the design performance requirements after overhaul;
- Assisting the mechanical engineer to complete the unpacking, installation and commissioning of equipment and tooling;
- When necessary, train and guide new employees on daily lubrication, maintenance, and inspection items;
- Responsible for guiding and improving the operation skills of machine operators to make the operation skilled and improving the production efficiency;
D*ocuments preparation and revision*
- Be familiar with the performance, theory of use, repair, and maintenance knowledge of equipment and tooling;
- Make equipment standard operating procedure and work instruction;
- Responsible for the usage statistics, maintenance, and spare-parts-control of tooling, consumables, energy consumption, to reduce production cost and ensure normal production;
- Inspect mechanical equipment and components to identify hazards and defects, and make necessary adjustments or repairs to ensure compliance with specifications;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Required: High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
· Preferred: Associate Degree or above in mechanical automation, mechanical Engineering or other related fields;
· Required: At least three years of experience as mechanic in the manufacturing industry.
· Preferred: At least three years of working experience in the copper processing industry.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in the mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic theory;
- Familiarity with relevant State and Federal laws and regulations, possessing all relevant legal knowledge required for the performance of duties;
- Familiarity with the names, models, specifications, types, and prices of equipment spare parts; read equipment or component manuals; understanding and familiarity with the dimensions of the spare parts;
- Ability to install, assemble, debug, OPERATE, and MANAGE the equipment;
- Ability to maintain equipment and be able to maintain and overhaul the equipment regularly and on time;
- Proficient in Six Sigma and other management tools;
- Basic knowledge of computers;
- Preferred: Fluency in English and Chinese as a working language.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, work with other departments to solve problems;
- Follow both oral and written standard work instructions;
- Strong logic and data analysis skills, attentive to detail and ability to focus on the core issues;
- Creative thinker with the ability to seek solutions with a sense of urgency;
- Communicate and coordinate effectively in a small team environment; Have the ability of team cooperation and organization;
- Self-motivated, with “CAN DO” attitude; ability to complete issues analysis and arrive at solutions independently; learn from others in the team and assist in fulfilling tasks;
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, sit, stand, bend and stoop. May be required to lift, carry or push/pull supplies, materials, equipment, and/or items weighing up to 70 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance