A Leading Manufacturing Facility in Clarkston, Michigan is currently seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer who will lead new manufacturing technology projects, champion continuous improvement teams and participate as a launch team member for the launch of new projects.
- Lead process development and new equipment procurement related to new product launch.
- Serve as the main point of contact with machine tooling vendors / assembly equipment integrators.
- Champion standardization and optimization of processes, methods, and equipment.
- Provide continuous improvement leadership for existing manufacturing processes.
- Actively participate and in APQP cross functional launch team meetings.
- Provide support to functional areas including Engineering, Program Management, Sales/ Commercial, Quality, etc. where manufacturing technology expertise is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, Minimum 7 years manufacturing engineering experience.
- Extensive experience in tool and manufacturing process development related to automated assembly and test and functional expertise in processes such as high speed assembly, crimping, staking, welding of electrical connections.
- Experience with small component and product functional testing including electrical testing, force testing, and machine vision implementation.
- Application of APQP principles related to new production launch.
- Application knowledge and experience related to continuous improvement methodology for processes such as plastic injection molding, high volume assembly, and functional testing.
- Ability to travel in support of job functions (plants, customers, suppliers etc.)
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, and 401(k)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $83,000.00 - $98,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
All personnel are required to follow COVID-19 procedures.
- Manufacturing Engineering: 7 years (Required)
- tool and manufacturing process development: 4 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place