- Lottery games are one of the biggest consumer products on the planet and Scientific Games is the world’s largest supplier. Our lottery games have been entertaining and thrilling players since 1973. Most importantly our games fund good causes like education, health and welfare, senior citizens, roads, bridges and the environment.
Scientific Games supports lotteries in more than 50 countries by delivering industry leading marketing and insights, unmatched retailer innovation, developing first class mobile-based products and most recently launching our virtual SG Sports betting platform.
We are looking for employees interested in helping Scientific Games strengthen our position as the world’s foremost leader in lottery products and services.
Scientific Games (SG) is a global leader focused on delivering an ever-expanding portfolio of lottery and gaming products and services to the world's government-regulated and government-sponsored entities. Scientific Games' global reach is made possible through the expertise, skill and dedicated efforts of its 8,000+ employees who serve lottery and gaming customers in more than 100+ countries on 6 continents.
Working within the Lottery Technical Operations organization as part of the Lottery Systems Implementation & Support team, is responsible for the support of the server solutions related to systems and products in operation for the Lottery Systems. Works closely with other Scientific Games departments to ensure the timely support of all products. Demonstrates a high degree of initiative and provide timely completion respecting the organizational level and service level agreements in place. Has a thorough understanding of all tasks assigned to the LSIS department. A Tech Ops Engineer must have a subject matter expert (SME) level of knowledge on server architecture or networking.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide tier 2 technical support during a 24x7 on call rotation to Scientific Games Lottery and Interactive based production systems
- Provide tier 2 support to development and QA systems
- New system implementation including builds, system performance analysis, and vetting
- Troubleshooting of production problems including defining and solutions
- Liaison between Operations and Development groups
- Technical Documentation
- technical incident details to business customers
- build, configure, and manage Windows Server and Linux enterprise systems
- maintain, and update troubleshooting procedures, knowledge base articles, and technical bulletins
- through evaluating impact, severity, and resources available
- Provides onsite support during system implementations and system overhauls
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Job Level Description
Works on defined tasks that sometimes require the application of independent judgment. Developing individual contributor.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study or Associate’s degree with commensurate experience
Minimum Required Experience:
- 3 years’ experience in the Data center or operations support field
- Lottery Industry experience
- 5 years’ experience in the Data center or operations support field
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Windows Server (2012+) administrative experience
- Ubuntu 16+ administrative experience
- Familiarity with SQL Server or MySQL
- of scripting practices for Unix/Linux Shell scripting as well as SQL query authoring
- Thorough understanding of server hardware
- Understanding of network communications fundamentals
- system and network troubleshooting skills
- time management and organizational skills
- communication skills – verbal and written
- ability to work and prioritize with minimal direct supervision
- Comfortable working within a disbursed team over a wide geographic area
- supporting high availability environments with clustering and database replication is a plus
- ability to effectively interact and communicate ideas and concepts with customers
- ability to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- experience implementing Windows Server based server architectures
- experience implementing Linux Server based server architectures
- in the creation of detailed product installation requirements
- with server automation tools
- in project coordination is an asset
- Lottery or gaming Industry experience in IT
- and certifications in Networking, design and implementation
- Requirements: Office and server room environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here for EEOC Poster
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $85,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- On call