Imerys, the global leader in speciality minerals, has an exciting new Career Opportunity for a Sr. Scientist/Engineer
The location for this position will be in the Greater Atlanta, GA area.
If you are strategic and results driven, yet willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done, then this will be an ideal career opportunity for you.
A Day In The life Could Include:
- Drive business growth, focused on new product development programs, process development, and application development. Up to 20% travel
- Increase Division’s core competency on industrial processes relating to precipitated Adsorbents used in edible oil, oleochemicals and renewable fuel production
- Build and lead New Product Development programs in response to customer needs
- Must read, comprehend and strictly follow safety instructions and guidelines
- Manages projects of moderate size & scope; makes substantial contributions to determining feasibility of team goals and objectives.
- Responsible for taking New Product Development samples from the lab, or beta-products from production, to the customer to run validation trials, and bring back actionable results.
- Expected to handle technical problems involving several variables, develop, and then execute a design-of-experiment (DoE), to rapidly determine root causes, and inter-connectivity with the variables.
- Design tailored experiments to synthesize and benchmark the performance of synthetic inorganic materials based on specific customer requirements
- Undertakes literature and IP searches on specific topics, point-of-contact with our IP Legal team, translating discoveries and results into patent applications.
- Builds and maintains relationships with technical counterpart at customers and service providers.
- Monitors the work of others & redirects efforts to achieve task/project objectives or enhance quality.
What You Will Bring to The Position:
- Able to explain technical concepts in non-technical and clear language
- Computer proficient – Google Suite, MS Office, DoE software, Statistical Analysis.
- Skilled in the synthesis and characterization synthetic inorganics such as precipitated silica or silicates.
- Proficient in the setup of standard analytical test methods e.g. ASTM, AOCS etc. and train analytical technicians to deliver accurate results.
- Desire to work “hands-on” in our laboratory or at customers’ facilities.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills, in particular with people who have English as a 2nd language.
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, New Product Development project team
- PhD or MS in Material Science, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering
- Industrial work experience in precipitated silica R&D or other sol-gel chemistry.
- 5 years’ experience in an industrial R&D function
Imerys, is the world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, transforms a large variety of minerals into high value specialty products using sophisticated technical processes.
Why Work for Imerys?
- A culture that places top priority on Safety and Integrity.
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Our focus on people
- Continued company and professional growth
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Join Imerys and Experience a Rewarding and Sustainable Career….
Job Type: Full-time
- Industrial R & D: 5 years (Required)