Please apply to the posting for consideration: https://careers.te.com/job-invite/84626/
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's R&D/Product Development Engineers are highly engaged team players that conceive and support introduction of innovative solutions for the automotive industry. A Development Engineer is a foundational member of the product launch team challenged to deliver manufacturing ready designs through to production. Development Engineers work directly with OEMs and Tier 1 customers to determine specifications, perform engineering analysis, ideate preliminary sketches and coordinate support operations such as design, fabrication of prototypes and testing. This position will be located in Troy, MI.
A Day in the Life
- Support wire harness design of existing and new programs.
- Visit customers on site to gather harness routing information before and during launch.
- Contribute to New Product Development activities.
- Conceptualize designs based on customer requirements using CAD tools like Creo.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to refine concepts based on input from various stakeholders such as customers, product management, sales, mold engineers, assembly engineers etc.
- Perform or coordinate engineering analysis such as tolerance studies and finite element analysis (FEA) to optimize design.
- Explore various prototyping options such as additive manufacturing, soft tools etc. to prove out design features early in the development process.
- Lead or participate in sessions to document design risks using tools like DFMEA.
- Present the proposed design to both internal and external customers as part of the design review process.
- Create detailed drawings and engineering bill of materials (EBOM’s).
- Provide input to the manufacturing team to ensure manufactured parts meet design intent by reviewing First Article Inspection Reports.
- Create test plans to test product to expected requirements using tools like DVPR and PVPR.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (BSME or equivalent w/concentrations, masters in engineering preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional level experience.
- Knowledge of materials; polymers, metals, elastomers.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes; molding, stamping, machining, assembly, additive manufacturing.
- Terminal and connector design and manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Self-driven to represent TE Connectivity with solutions to complex problems which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation.
- Strong Voice-of-Customer (VOC) skills.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (oral & written).
- Strong 3D CAD experience/ability to turn customer VOC into concepts (Creo/SpaceClaim preferred).
- Exposure to Finite Element Analysis tools like Ansys, Creo Simulate or equivalent.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to support multiple projects.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Multiple Locations